GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hyper Flash LED turn signal problem (help)

So I completed a full LED conversion on my 2010 Silverado over the weekend. All exterior bulbs are now LED (minus heads, fogs).

However, I specifically purchased these LEDs that have the built in "canbus" base / load resistor so I wouldn't have to screw around with buying / installing additional load resistors.

see here... http://www.carid.com/lumen/

Well, low and behold, I installed all the LEDs and they hyperflash. Has anyone had a problem with this? Any suggestions?

It's strange, when I activate the turn signal, it flashes at normal speed for 3 flashes then turns to hyper flash.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

The cleanest way to handle it is to replace your turn signal/flasher relay with a LED-compatible one. I don't know the model number on the one for the NNBS trucks but I know someone posted it here, once in the last few months. Gratuitous use of the search feature on this site should help you find the post containing it...

Quote Originally Posted by ffdsmokeeater View Post
    So I completed a full LED conversion on my 2010 Silverado over the weekend. All exterior bulbs are now LED (minus heads, fogs).

However, I specifically purchased these LEDs that have the built in "canbus" base / load resistor so I wouldn't have to screw around with buying / installing additional load resistors.

see here... http://www.carid.com/lumen/

Well, low and behold, I installed all the LEDs and they hyperflash. Has anyone had a problem with this? Any suggestions?

It's strange, when I activate the turn signal, it flashes at normal speed for 3 flashes then turns to hyper flash.
    I am pretty sure the turn signals are controlled by the BCM on the NNBS style trucks...my )8 is anyway. I had the same issue ...had to add a resistor.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I'm afraid if your still getting the hyper flash you'll have to go with resistors. The NNBS style trucks signal flash is controlled by the BCM, gone are the days of the good old flasher relays.
    2007 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra Classic SLE Crew Cab Z71
    Line-X bed liner
    Putco box rails
    Truxedo Lo Pro QT box cover
    Cloud-Rider grill inserts