GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64
  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkrat View Post
    My scientific, your scientific, mine was overwhelming for me, but yours is too.
    And you're still acting like a child. Just because you believe something, doesn't make it true. I don't care what you're dumping in your tank, there's no way in hell you're getting 25 MPG from a petrol-fueled 4.8L vortec in a 5600 lb truck, in the city. Hell, I don't even buy that you were getting 18 MPG in the city before you dumped some junk in your fuel tank. Fuel system cleaner doesn't work that way.

    Either you're running on smaller tires and haven't fixed the ECM to account for the difference, or your math is just plain wrong.

  2. #52
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Im right and so is my math, your just stuck in the old days when it couldn't be done, those days are over. I'll enjoy my mpg and let you pay through the nose for yours.
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

  3. #53
    Jr. Mechanic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkrat View Post
    Im right and so is my math, your just stuck in the old days when it couldn't be done, those days are over. I'll enjoy my mpg and let you pay through the nose for yours.
    You should contact GM. They would pay handsomely for your secret.
    2013 Escape Titanium 4WD

  4. #54
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donl View Post
    You should contact GM. They would pay handsomely for your secret.
    Its no secret, real popular around here, and just so you know im on tank # 5, most of the time you will get mpg gains for the first 6 tanks and thats it so im expecting a little better mpg on this tank, ill post that in a week or so.
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

  5. #55
    Legend


    mfleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,213
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Great discussion topic....


    Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

    SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

  6. #56
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I was busy doing some home renos so I didn't have much time to drive the truck but I did run it down to a little over half a tank, I had 378 kms on it so I topped it up and it took 43.5 liters, that's 11.5 liters per 100 kms or 24.48 mpg imp so it looks like that's all im going to get, still not bad for a big ride in city only.
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkrat View Post
    I was busy doing some home renos so I didn't have much time to drive the truck but I did run it down to a little over half a tank, I had 378 kms on it so I topped it up and it took 43.5 liters, that's 11.5 liters per 100 kms or 24.48 mpg imp so it looks like that's all im going to get, still not bad for a big ride in city only.
    Please stop using British gallons and miles. They are completely irrelevant and only serve to inflate your claims, as the overwhelming majority of people on this forum are from the US, particularly those who were participating in this thread before you jumped in with wild claims.

    If those numbers are actually true, then that's 20 MPG US, not the 25 you keep claiming. 20 MPG is slightly more believable, but not entirely so as city only, at least, not without a fairly stripped down truck.

  8. #58

    Default

    According to @Parkrat numbers:

    43.5 L = 11.49 Gal US
    378 Km = 234.88 Miles

    Fuel economy:

    234.88 Miles / 11.49 Gal = 20.44 MPG

    So yes, @Parkrat math SUCKS.

    Still 20.44MPG is pretty good, but still an unbelievable number for city only driving. My 5.3L Silverado with ALL highway driving will easily achieve 20.44 MPG.

    If @Parkrat was using Imperial Gallons, that figure would be 9.57 Imperial Gallons used and that would give him 24.55 MPG.

    @Parkrat needs to know that 1.0 Imperial Gallon is 1.2 US Gallons.

    The only way to achieve better MPGs with keeping everything the same (engine, transmission, gears, weight, etc.) is to put in fuel with more energy. I don't believe that dumping some additive in your gas tank will result is infusing the gasoline with more energy. If anything additives are usually not flammable and will detract from the fuel's energy.

    2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab


    Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

  9. #59
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    Please stop using British gallons and miles. They are completely irrelevant and only serve to inflate your claims, as the overwhelming majority of people on this forum are from the US, particularly those who were participating in this thread before you jumped in with wild claims.

    If those numbers are actually true, then that's 20 MPG US, not the 25 you keep claiming. 20 MPG is slightly more believable, but not entirely so as city only, at least, not without a fairly stripped down truck.
    Bobey, go curl your hair.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    According to @Parkrat numbers:

    43.5 L = 11.49 Gal US
    378 Km = 234.88 Miles

    Fuel economy:

    234.88 Miles / 11.49 Gal = 20.44 MPG

    So yes, @Parkrat math SUCKS.

    Still 20.44MPG is pretty good, but still an unbelievable number for city only driving. My 5.3L Silverado with ALL highway driving will easily achieve 20.44 MPG.

    If @Parkrat was using Imperial Gallons, that figure would be 9.57 Imperial Gallons used and that would give him 24.55 MPG.

    @Parkrat needs to know that 1.0 Imperial Gallon is 1.2 US Gallons.

    The only way to achieve better MPGs with keeping everything the same (engine, transmission, gears, weight, etc.) is to put in fuel with more energy. I don't believe that dumping some additive in your gas tank will result is infusing the gasoline with more energy. If anything additives are usually not flammable and will detract from the fuel's energy.
    Im Canadian and I use liters and imp gallons so my numbers are right, 11.5 liters per 100 kms or 24.48 mpg imp.
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

  10. #60
    Legend


    mfleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,213
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Is it so tough to get your facts and opinions out without it starting to get nasty? If this thread starts going down that road again, it'll be closed


    Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

    SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •