GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Parkrat View Post
    My 01 was getting 18 mpg imp in city only, then i started using a fuel additive and after 3 tanks my mileage went up tp 24.5 mpg, all stock truck with 108000 kms.
    Would you care to share the name of this "magical" fuel additive that increases MPGs by 6+???!!!!

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I don't care if it comes with a blond with a big sponge and a thong bikini on my hood all soaped up and writhing around on my windshield to a Beyoncé tune. The stuff is almost 2/3 ethanol. Ethanol is very bad for internal combustion engines. It causes all sorts of premature corrosion failures In the fuel system and combustion chambers. It is especially bad for carbureted engines. We have to use gas with up to 10% ethanol here in the Eastern United States, and it has ruined the fuel systems in two lawn mowers for me in the last 5 years. I run a bottle of gumout through my Suburban about every 3rd or 4th tankful just to try and counteract the ethanol in that slop the EPA calls gasoline. On second thought, If that blonde would come and cut my grass in that get-up, I'd use the product in my lawnmower. It's borrowed anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Vehicles all have their sweet spot. Unfortunately, I have not found my Suburban's spot yet, other than when it is off. Almost all cars and trucks get better mileage between 50 - 75 mph than any other speed range. Most American vehicles are designed for American Highways. The trick is to be smooth. The P&G thing is all well and good at highway speeds, but useless around town. Pretty much any attempt to get better mileage around town is more trouble than it's worth, except for smoothing out ones technique. Speaking of sweet spots, I took a trip a couple of years ago from central Maryland to Parkersburg West Virginia. I was driving a bone stock 2007 Mustang GT 4.6 liter. I zeroed the computer when I got on I 70 West, and about 300 miles and 3 hours & 40 minutes later, at I 68 & WV State Route 50 the car's computer told me I had averaged 82 mph and 29.8 mpg doing pure highway driving. I thought my average speed would have been better than that because I was inspired by a noodge in a 350Z most of the way. I think the computer mileage might be a little inflated. It was always a couple mpg higher than my pencil and paper. I'd give it a solid 26 mpg though, but at anything below 45 or 50 mph and the mustang dropped below well 15 mpg.

Sr. Apprentice

I just dont have the time for those that cant or wont learn or read but just like to mouth off about some thing they know nothing about, ill stick with the 100s of thousands that have the ability to do so, i see some of you are near texas so the next time your there why dont you stop in and tell this guy he is full of it.... EL PASO, TX – I have owned a successful freight transport company with 30 big rig trucks since 1987 called Bordertown Transportation. We haul a wide variety of goods all over the continental U.S. Our fleet has Freightliners, Kenworths, Peterbuilts, Western Stars and Internationals with engines from Cummins, Detroit Diesel and Caterpillar. With the skyrocketing cost of diesel fuel lately, I was really concerned to see our profits quickly going up in smoke - especially when our Peterbuilt 379’s, which are not very aerodynamic, were only getting around 5.5 to 5.8 mpg’s (2.34 to 2.47 kms/L). Our more fuel- efficient trucks were getting from 6 to 6.5 mpg’s (2.55 to 2.76 kms/L). As a trucking company owner, I know that diesel fuel is our number one expense. We had tried some other products to boost our fleet’s mileage and we were very sceptical about them. None were effective. We tried other additives and also magnets that clamped onto the fuel lines; we tested out some kind of component that you put in the intake manifold of the engine, too – none of those products delivered the kinds of results we were told we could expect. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. Fortunately, my friend Ron Boersema introduced me to a new fuel-reformulating product called Super Eco-Fuel Saver. I was very impressed with what he told me about this new product, so we decided to test it in 6 particular trucks, with different engines. In the best case scenario, our Freightliner FLD was averaging 5.8 mpg’s (2.47 kms/L) before we used Super Eco-Fuel Saver. With Super Eco- Fuel Saver it jumped up to about 8 miles per gallon (3.40 kms/L) – that’s almost a 38% mileage increase! With the Super Eco-Fuel Saver in the other 5 trucks, we saw their mileage dramatically improve too – going up on average from 6 mpg’s to 7.5 (2.55 to 3.19 kms/L). That’s about a 25% increase in fuel savings. Since I also regularly drive one of our rigs on long hauls, I ran the Super Eco-Fuel Saver in my truck as well to personally test it. I didn’t notice any increase in power, but I did notice that there was way less smoke from the exhaust and the engine ran a lot quieter. Those were significant changes that impressed me right away. This truck that I tested myself was a 2006 Western Star with a 525 hp Detroit Diesel engine, and it had been averaging about 4.7 to 5 mpg’s (2.0 to 2.13 kms/L). With the first tank using Super Eco-Fuel Saver in the diesel, my mileage increased to 5.5 mpg’s (2.34 kms/L). With the second tank using Super Eco-Fuel Saver, the mileage increased to 6.5 (2.76 kms/L). The third tank gave us the most impressive increase; it went up to 7.2 miles per gallon (3.06 kms/L)! That’s over a 35% increase in fuel efficiency and another huge savings for us right there!It became clear to me, and all of my other drivers, that Super Eco-Fuel Saver helped improve the mileage on our trucks more and more with each tank – so it’s true that this product works even better over time with continuous use. That was our experience with it.Since those initial tests were so successful for us, I immediately ordered several cases of Super Eco-Fuel Saver, and I’ve reordered many more cases since then. As we continue to use this product in all of our trucks, and since the fuel is now running cleaner and combusting cleaner, I expect that there will be less maintenance on all of our EGR valves, on our fuel injectors, and on the engines overall- because they’re also running cooler now with Super Eco-Fuel Saver in the fuel. In addition to the great savings we’re enjoying from reduced diesel costs because of Super Eco-Fuel Saver’s improvement in our mileage, Super Eco-Fuel Saver will also save us a lot of money on maintenance of our 30-truck fleet. The typical replacement cost for a dirty EGR valve now runs about $900.00 on the Cummins ISX engines. And with these engines now running cleaner, we expect that we’ll have to replace those EGR valves a lot less frequently- so that’s a very welcome extra savings benefit from using Super Eco-Fuel Saver.Hands down, Super Eco-Fuel Saver works great in our trucks and with the current cost of diesel, Super Eco-Fuel Saver will save my company well over $317,000.00 this year on fuel alone. And, it will also save us a LOT of money on our maintenance costs. It’ll really help boost our bottom line. I highly recommend this great product to others! Tino Para – Owner, Bordertown Transportation
    2001 Silverado LS LT LT 4.8 rwd. Last fillup 24.56 mpg imp in city only.

I just dont have the time for those that cant or wont learn or read but just like to mouth off about some thing they know nothing about, ill stick with the 100s of thousands that have the ability to do so, i see some of you are near texas so the next time your there why dont you stop in and tell this guy he is full of it....
    I wonder how you deal with yourself then.

I have read plenty. Or at least, tried to find the actual technical information on this so called miracle drug you keep spouting off at the mouth about. And there is just no information. Supposed "customer testimonials" do not count as scientifically valid data. If you want to make a point, then find some valid and unbiased data, done by testing in a controlled environment, and by people who understand proper scientific analysis. Just because you read something, doesn't make it true.

Where did you even get that "testimonial" at? It's not on the web site you linked before. As far as I can tell, it's for a different product (though it's probably made up of the same useless filler, and possible comes straight out of the same plant, with a different label on the bottle).

The only additive that I have found that had any effect on my MPG is Marine 2 cycle. 1 ounce to 5 gallons of fuel. I can do math, well at least I hope I can, if not then the college better give me my money back for calc 4. After 2 tanks my mpg went from 15.4 in the city to a steady 17.4. I use it in every tank. My truck also has 150,000 miles on it and I am sure that things were "gummed up". My idle has smoothed out noticeably also. Am I saying that it will work for everyone, No. But, in my case it has. I have been running it for around 6 months now. The cost works out to about .02 cents a gallon to add it. I bought a gallon of it and am just about half thru.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Parkrat
    Where does that extra energy come from? Two free miles per gallon?

You said- this additive makes the molecules of fuel-gasoline or diesel -break down more readily-
    (catalyst do that)-sounds like lowering activation energy-meaning the reaction will happen faster at lower initial temperatures-but that doesn't actually cause more energy to be released-unless you are getting a very incomplete burn before the additive
    but that isn't the case for modern diesel and gasoline engines
    There just isn't much unburned fuel left in the combustion chamber
    so it can't work as described-not getting 10-20-30% better FE
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    I wonder how you deal with yourself then.I have read plenty. Or at least, tried to find the actual technical information on this so called miracle drug you keep spouting off at the mouth about. And there is just no information. Supposed "customer testimonials" do not count as scientifically valid data. If you want to make a point, then find some valid and unbiased data, done by testing in a controlled environment, and by people who understand proper scientific analysis. Just because you read something, doesn't make it true.Where did you even get that "testimonial" at? It's not on the web site you linked before. As far as I can tell, it's for a different product (though it's probably made up of the same useless filler, and possible comes straight out of the same plant, with a different label on the bottle).
    http://superecofuelsaver.blogspot.ca/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    ParkratWhere does that extra energy come from? Two free miles per gallon?You said- this additive makes the molecules of fuel-gasoline or diesel -break down more readily-(catalyst do that)-sounds like lowering activation energy-meaning the reaction will happen faster at lower initial temperatures-but that doesn't actually cause more energy to be released-unless you are getting a very incomplete burn before the additivebut that isn't the case for modern diesel and gasoline engines There just isn't much unburned fuel left in the combustion chamberso it can't work as described-not getting 10-20-30% better FE
    Your got to look it up for yourself i dont have the time, and if you dont like it dont buy it plain as that, the people that do like it will. If you check how much it lowers emissions maybe that will help you understand how it works, and i get 6 free miles per imperal gallon.

Different product than you previously mentioned, and that site has only a few posts, the last one being from over 2.5 years ago. It's also a bunch of BS. Some people might have an "opinion" that this junk works, but it's absolutely no different than any "fuel system cleaner" product on the market, and none of them will increase MPG on a properly running engine, at all. And that guy that was running 87 octane in his Vette with that crap in the tank. What a joke. Would love to see the video where they pulled his engine apart and illustrated the damage caused by running it on 87.

Hey @Parkrat, if you're SO successful, why you drive a 12 year old pickup. I would figure you would have a new 2013 2500HD with the Duramax?

As far as your miracle additive, if it was giving EVERYONE an ~30% increase in MPGs, the company that makes it could not make it fast enough.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Sr. Apprentice

Like i was telling Andy before the girls got here its the best way to save on gas.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast