GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default No Light under the Hood????

I just Bought a 2013 Chevy 2500hd. Crewcab 4X4 Z71. I Love the Truck.....however while instlling the Hood Bug Shield ....I noticed it did not have a Hood Light...... I thought for sure there would have been a Hood Light..... I know that they use3d to have Hood Lights.
    Proud Husband and Father.....

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

02-03 were the last years.. Gm went cheap and the Government does not want Mercury switches used in Auto's anymore
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

If you look on line they do make a kit. Or you could install a light with a switch.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

you can find an old vehicle with this light. connect to the park light feed. fuse the feed at the source with a small fuse 5-10amp.

about a month or so ago someone started a thread about a shop that offered a LED light strip that mounted under the hood. It came with a pressure switch so it would come on when the hood was opened and cturn off when closed.

For the life of me i cant remember the name of the site but total cost was $30!!

Hopefully one of the other guys can remember who made it

Legend

that would be a good way to light up the engine compartment with little power required. they do sell these 12 volt led light systems. you could put the switch under the hood .

@zigger215 mentioned the shop, which IIRC was Longshot Lighting and this product: http://www.longshotlighting.com/coll...work-light-kit

@aloxdaddy99 bought one and received it but I do not know if he's done the installation, yet.

I have an 01 so mine is mounted but if i were to install one the 90's trucks had a light on a retractable cord so you could shine on what you were working on, thats the light you should use.

- - - Updated - - -

One of these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220734484112?redirect=mobile
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

Just go buy one of them peel em and stick em lights like you see in closets and put it under the hood. haha, problem solved!
    Chad- Alabama
    1988 Chevy 1500 LWB

Thanks Guys it gives me a few options. I am just blown away that as much as you will pay for something you would expect it would have been in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by