GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fender Flares - Black or Factory Color

I'm having a hard time deciding on black fender flares or factory color. Obviously getting them matched will cost a couple hundred dollars more. Anyone got pictures of a truck that is the same color as mine with black flares?

Thanks!
    JT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo6.jpg  

I prefer color matched. I have a set of EGR flairs that I won on the site last spring. I have not put them on because I am waiting to get the money together to get them sprayed. Most places near my home want around $350 to color match them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks man. That's the problem I have. Paying $400 for them and then paying someone to paint them.

Legend

I guess it all depends on your color. I have factory black on a white truck. the black is durable not paint. if you paint then they will get beat up. with black this is not an issue especially with rock salt/sand blasting the wheel well areas.

if your in FLA I would paint to match no issues with road crap.

They'd look fine black. However, if you choose to leave them back I strongly recommend clear-coating them in order to keep them from fading (getting that white/grey look that faded black plastics get).