GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by bracker7 View Post
    OK so my Jeep is now officially the beach crawler with my 3rd child on the way and I am looking to purchase a used 07 yukon denali. I don't know much about them. Anything i need to be looking out for? it has 67K miles which is good for the year, but anything i need to be worried about at this point? They are asking like $24K. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if all is good, I'll be cruising around in it soon. pics to follow after I get it to my buddies shop for fun.

Thanks everyone.

-Brad
    Is this a dealer or private party?

According to Kelly Blue Book, $24K is a good price for that SUV with that mileage.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

65k is nothing for these trucks.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Its a dealer. I'm in the process of getting the carfax, but they have had the truck into service for over a week and they said it wouldn't be available for me to check out until next week because it will still be in the shop. They have been reluctant to say why...I'm definitely taking it to my mechanic for a once over to make sure it is still a yukon when they are done with it

I would be a little concerned. Maybe it was in a wreck and it is in their body shop. Who knows? I would definitely be talking to someone to find out what is going on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bracker7 View Post
    Its a dealer. I'm in the process of getting the carfax, but they have had the truck into service for over a week and they said it wouldn't be available for me to check out until next week because it will still be in the shop. They have been reluctant to say why...I'm definitely taking it to my mechanic for a once over to make sure it is still a yukon when they are done with it
    Tell them this:

"If you don't tell me why it is in the shop, I will go to your competitor and buy a vehicle from them."

It's not like that's the ONLY Yukon Denali around.

I would even consider looking at some standard, fully loaded yukons. With a fully loaded yukon you can get almost everything that is offered in the Denali, except the wood grain dash. Plus the denali package usually cost more. You can also get a 5.3L rather than the 6.2L which will help with MPG. It you like the dash that much you can have yours hydro dipped. I do not believe that the denali is available in 4wd it is only all wheel drive. Therefor you can not switch to 2wd, which hurts mpgs and increases front diff wear. My cousin has an 04 yukon xl denali and he goes thru front diff parts and wheel hubs like crazy! He has 180,000 miles and has rebuilt the front diff twice. When I bought my 05 yukon xl I made sure that the 4wd selector switch had Auto 4wd, 4 high, 4 low, and 2wd. I did not want the AWD. The only option that my truck does not have that a denali does is the 2nd row heated seats and the 2 tone seat inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I would even consider looking at some standard, fully loaded yukons. With a fully loaded yukon you can get almost everything that is offered in the Denali, except the wood grain dash. Plus the denali package usually cost more. You can also get a 5.3L rather than the 6.2L which will help with MPG. It you like the dash that much you can have yours hydro dipped. I do not believe that the denali is available in 4wd it is only all wheel drive. Therefor you can not switch to 2wd, which hurts mpgs and increases front diff wear. My cousin has an 04 yukon xl denali and he goes thru front diff parts and wheel hubs like crazy! He has 180,000 miles and has rebuilt the front diff twice. When I bought my 05 yukon xl I made sure that the 4wd selector switch had Auto 4wd, 4 high, 4 low, and 2wd. I did not want the AWD. The only option that my truck does not have that a denali does is the 2nd row heated seats and the 2 tone seat inserts.
    I cannot speak for a 2007, but the 2013 Yukon and Yukon Denali have virtually the same dash. The Yukon has fake aluminum while the Denali has fake wood around the radio. The Denali has some fake wood around the steering wheel as well, but the difference between a Yukon and Yukon Denali are minimal.

From what I have seen and compared, the Denali will have the following features a non-Denali cannot get.

6.2L AFM engine (regular Yukon has 5.3L only from what I can see)
    Fake wood around the steering wheel and radio
    Nuance leather seating surfaces
    Denali chrome grill
    AWD system
    Denali badges

Now the Denali usually runs ~$4k more when buying new. The Yukon and Yukon Denali have a hideous front grill when compared to the Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    The Yukon and Yukon Denali have a hideous front grill when compared to the Tahoe.
    That is a matter of opinion! Just like my opinion that the Nuance leather seating surfaces are ugly! I can tell you that when I was looking for my 05 last summer there was a significant price difference between a yukon and denali with comparable miles and options. I noticed that private owners selling a denali had a inflated perception of the trucks value. The dealers were slightly higher priced for the denali but, not nearly as much as private sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    That is a matter of opinion! Just like my opinion that the Nuance leather seating surfaces are ugly! I can tell you that when I was looking for my 05 last summer there was a significant price difference between a yukon and denali with comparable miles and options. I noticed that private owners selling a denali had a inflated perception of the trucks value. The dealers were slightly higher priced for the denali but, not nearly as much as private sellers.
    At the last car show here in St. Louis I went and sat in a Sierra Denali and IMO the Nuance leather is quite a bit nicer than the leather in the Silverado LTZ and Sierra SLT.

If yo go look, the price difference is between $4K and $5K.

It's all a perception as to why the folks think their Denali is worth more than it actually is.

The few I have been in have had a two tone seat. I did not like the way it looked. The leather may be nicer, but I don't like the look, just like you don't like the look of the grill