GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GMC yukon XL air deflector

Well another part of my mods, that I want to do to my truck. I want to add a air deflector to my truck and seeing that a Yukon XL comes with one, I was wondering if I could put one on my 1999 Silverado valence bumper. I also found one for a Suburban, and I know that they are, more or less, the same but I have been told by GM dealers in my hometown that the mounting is different.

1999 Chevrolet Silverado LS 5.3L

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

So you want the Under Bumper one? Or a wind deflector on the rear above the rear window?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

under the bumper one

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

There are a few Co's that make some nice ones Some with built in Fog/Driving lights.. Check out Street Scene
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Well I know that LMC makes one, I just wanted to make sure that a suburban or Yukon xl one would work.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze1608 View Post
    Well I know that LMC makes one, I just wanted to make sure that a suburban or Yukon xl one would work.
    .....The Front Bumper, Top Bumper Pad and Lower Front Valance from a 2000" to 2006" 1/2 Ton NBS Tahoe/Suburban, will fit a 1999" to 2002" 1/2 Ton NBS Silverado,

.....The Front Bumper, Bumper Pad, and Lower Front Valance on the Yukon's/Sierra's will not fit, on your 99" Silverado,

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Yeah those are the ones I'm talking about, but seeing as you confirmed my thoughts, shows that it is feasible. Thanks for the help 99'heartbeat. Also just out of curiosity how did you get the black plastic on the mirrors to be able to be painted?

I always liked the front bumpers on the z71 tahoe/ suburbans that share the same front end and apparently so do alot of other people because when they come up used they are snatched up instantly. If i had the money I would change my chrome grille to painted and get the painted front z71 bumper. Just like this

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0021_large.jpg
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

well I know LMC sells them, and usually for the silverado the parts are cheaper through them for parts for this truck. I see your point with the Z71 air dam, for me its a toss up really after seeing that picture, but I'll be doing all this in the spring time (because I will be working full time and I live in Canada, where winter is basically 8 months of the year lol).