GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Slow website connections?

Anyone else notice the website has been very slow lately? I'm working with the host to see what's going on but some of the pages were loading about 1/3 of the speed that they used to ...

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Sadly, I've moved to a location where my connection speed is 1/15th the speed it was 2 months ago ... so all slowdowns I've experienced have been attributed to that.

Thanks for looking into page load performance, though. Once I'm back on a fast link (which could occur in a month that rhymes with 'orange' -- who knows?!) I'll definitely appreciate it.

I have only noticed it when I first refresh a page after being gone for a while. If I am clicking around the site, it seems normal. I have noticed that the emails have been delayed today. I received 53 of them at one time today.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

They're not seeing much of anything, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll do a hard server reboot and let everything fire up from scratch. They did an upgrade a couple of days ago on something so I'll have to see what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

... I did a graceful reboot to see if the server kernel updates didn't fully update, seems to be a little faster. We're not killing the CPU, but there are some other technical issues that we need to look into to get this baby moving faster.

I have not had a problem at all.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have only noticed it when I first refresh a page after being gone for a while. If I am clicking around the site, it seems normal. I have noticed that the emails have been delayed today. I received 53 of them at one time today.
    Really? The server just did two different updates that I think are working in tandem to make the site slow. There was a major update for the overall system, but there also have been some security lockdowns that might be affecting how email works. Let me see what I can do about that again. Wish this worked better and I didn't have to spend so much time on IT issues.

It's all over the 'net. I think it's all of them dam teenagers texting since they're out of school and don't have to have summer jobs anymore.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator