GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default fuel transfer tank help

I came to this forum hoping for some help finding a place in Ma that installs fuel transfer tanks. I'm looking for a 40-60g tank&pump since its the best way I can think of to store and rotate fuel for generators. I otherwise will have to store in gas cans and constantly rotate. This way I always have fuel on hand for truck or generators and its always rotated and used. the laws and so forth are so confusing I dont even want to screw with DIY and not even sure if I can have one if I'm not commercially registered, which I just changed to personal registration and am never going back (at least in Ma).
    Thanks for any guidance.

What type of truck? Tanks in the bed?

I would talk to excavating companies, they would use something like this for fuel transfer.

The big guys would do it in house, but the small ones might recommend a shop.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Home Depot has in bed tanks for pick up trucks and pumps.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I dont know what the laws are in MA but here in Texas you can buy an in bed fuel tank at Home Depot or Tractor Supply, theres local shops that'll plumb and wire.
    Probably the hardest part would be getting it plumbed into your existing tank to either transfer fuel from or run the truck off of, most of the in bed aux tanks are designed to transfer fuel to equipment and dont have fuel level gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I dont know what the laws are in MA but here in Texas you can buy an in bed fuel tank at Home Depot or Tractor Supply, theres local shops that'll plumb and wire.
    Probably the hardest part would be getting it plumbed into your existing tank to either transfer fuel from or run the truck off of, most of the in bed aux tanks are designed to transfer fuel to equipment and dont have fuel level gauges.
    I don't want it to supplement my truck (2500HD) just to offload fuel to other machinery. I'm looking like a hawk to find someone driving with one and stop and ask them, but all of sudden I can't find one to save my life.