GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Carr Light wing/TruckLite led lights install (Now with MORE pictures!!!!)

You wanted them, and here they are! The first few are of how I mounted the Light wing, then the lights them selves. after that is the switch location, then how I ran the wires inside the wire loom. I need to tweak a few things to get it just how I want it. Im sure the wiring savants out there will tell me i went wrong a few things, but considering this is the first real 12 volt wiring job i did on my own, and it all worked right the first try! since I couldnt find a handy place to frame ground the lights to i ran them to the battery. The switch is a 2 position on/off. The wires to the switch where routed thru the rubber shroud that the door wires go thru on the drivers side kick pannel. (5th pic)

enjoy!

(messed up the other post, if a mod could delete the old one please.)

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0310.jpg   20130214_151707.jpg   20130214_151659.jpg   20130214_151634.jpg   20130214_150818.jpg  

20130214_151148.jpg   20130214_151158.jpg   20130214_151210.jpg   20130214_141235.jpg  
    Last edited by Sierraowner5.3; 02-14-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Clarified somehthing

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks Good...... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9434.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	49389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9435.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	49390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9271.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	49391 When I mounted mine I sanded down my lic plate mount and bolted it to that and the bumper I am still deciding which lights to get.. I will next week at the Keystone show..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Looks Good.... When I mounted mine I sanded down my lic plate mount and bolted it to that and the bumper I am still deciding which lights to get.. I will next week at the Keystone show..
    the way the bumper is on the sierras, that wasnt really an option, i spent some time playing around with some backing plates on the plastic to stiffen it up, but I couldnt get it the way I wanted, so I said to hell with it and drilled the bumper.

and @SurrealOne, if your telling me that it looks good, I must not have done to bad.

Alex

nice job, i really like the last pic. They look great on there!

what brand and model are the LED lights?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    what brand and model are the LED lights?
    They are TruckLite LED lights.

not sure on part number, a buddy of mine gave them to me, he came back from Afghanistan with em.

Alex

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Nice guy....ANd tell him Welcome home....

That looks great man. I want to put some spot lights on my truck and that looks like a great way to do it. Guess its another mod to add to my list... lol

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looking really nice, now you need 2 more behind your grille to really light it up!! I have hooked up many lights in the past few years, and I think you did a nice job. Some people get really anal with installation, but all that matters is that it works.. Plus you get 4.8 out of 5 stars from me, you would be surprised how many people DON'T use wireloom.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by