GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Technology - Take it or Leave it

Ok who out there is tired of all the bl@@dy technology in these new vehicles? I left GM 2 years ago after working for them for 15 years and all I saw was more electrical problems, more modules requiring programming. This module running that module to run that component...Argh!! What was wrong with running a power wire to a relay from a switch to run your windows, why do you need a computer to run it? More things to go wrong! Who needs heated and air conditioned SEATS!! My vehicles are on the cusp of the technology forefront, I amdreading the day (in 5-8 years(I hope)) when I'll have to replace my vehicles and get something new or newer. Thats all I have to say about that...for now. Sorry about the rant, just reading these posts all the time thats just about all you see. Ok now I'm done. Later...
    Ken Beida
    2010 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4, 5.3L
    2009 GMC Sierra Denali, 6.2L = 403hp, AWD, Full load

I'm all about newer technology as long as it works. It's the way of the future (and present), man. Better get used to it if you hope to eventually buy a new vehiclely. Especially as we continue moving towards more environmentally friendly and fuel efficient vehicles, such as electric cars, hybrids, hydrogen powered, etc.

But hey, there will always be plenty of used vehicles out there that might suite your needs!

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Of course technology is better "as long as it works" but you know as well as I do that it only works for so long then it needs diagnosing, replacing, reprogramming....

Legend

I hate my TPMS system. When I bought the truck the sensors were always giving miss readings. I don't need to know if my tire has 1 less psi in it. I changed tires and conviently left them out. I can live with a light on the dash.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.