GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Duels On A 4.3

Default Duels On A 4.3

I put true duels on my 08 Silverado with a 4.3 but it seemed not to do anything I thought it would. No more power and fuel mileage stayed the same. Should I put a H pipe in or anything else. I also put a K&N filter in nothing helps still at 17.2 every fill up. Anyone have any ideas?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Stock manifolds, or did you upgrade those as well?? Do you have a way to check the Air Fuel ratio?? I would start with checking the a/f ratio, and see if that got changed. If it did you might need a tune, to get any advantage out of it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

When installing true duals a crossover or "H" pipe is always a good idea to even out the banks.
    You also want to make sure you dont put to big of pipes on, the 4.3 is particular about size pipes and if you go to big it really messes with cylinder head scavenging which in turn causes a loss of back pressure and low end torque and will sometimes decrease fuel mileage.

We have a member on the site that does custom tunes and the turner as a package deal that will help you out a lot. His name is @06MonteSS he works for Diablosport. PM him what you need/want he is very knowledgeable.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    When installing true duals a crossover or "H" pipe is always a good idea to even out the banks.
    You also want to make sure you dont put to big of pipes on, the 4.3 is particular about size pipes and if you go to big it really messes with cylinder head scavenging which in turn causes a loss of back pressure and low end torque and will sometimes decrease fuel mileage.
    Solid advice!

Thanks It has stock manifolds on it and they ran 2 1/2 inch pipes from the cats with long glass packs. I don't have a way to check a/f mixture or a good place around here I trust to do it other than a dealer.

4.3??? a v-6???

the exhaust isn't going to do much for the v6... and as was mentioned, going to bigger pipe kills it even worse, you'll lose your low-end torque/power...

and diablosport tools do not support the 4.3L v6.. only v8's...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Legend

even with a modern truck V8 duel 2 1/2 is gonna push the too big of pipe limit (especially in a true dual set-up). I would do 2 1/4 maybe even 2 inch....just some food for thought, even the factory pipes on a 5.7 suburban are only 2 1/4 and are a true dual setup (atleast to the front of the muffler)
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I run a 5.3 in a 2004 and I'm running 2.75 and the truck responded really well to it. Now, the difference, I'm running an H pipe...true duals=less power