GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like hot food, and 12 years in Austin enjoying both real Tex-Mex and a smattering of authentic Thai resulted in ever-increasing tolerances to it. Jalapenos and serranos taste both sweet and spicy to me. Cayenne peppers are about my 'normal' for hot and cause my eyes to water and nose to run (in a good way).

The hottest thing I've ever eaten was a (large) habanero pepper straight out of a friend's garden -- seeds and all. It was washed, of course, prior to consumption. I honestly expected something hotter. However, soon after eating it, I licked my lips -- which was a huge mistake, as I got the pepper's oil all over them. That burned like all heck... for the better part of 30 mins. Bread helped.

Surreal

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    a (large) habanero pepper straight out of a friend's garden It was washed,l
    I doubt if anything could live on it anyway, haha

Bread helped.
    Milk, or yogurt, is the best.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Milk, or yogurt, is the best.
    There was none around...

There was none around...
    Haha, thanks, best laugh today, haha

@RayVoy,
    Heh, my friend who grew them was single with no kids at the time. (Same for me.) Things like milk, yogurt, etc aren't normally in my fridge ... and weren't in his until after he got married and had his first born.

Heck, I take 5000 iu of vitamin D and a calcium supplement daily (and have for many years) because I've not ever consumed enough dairy since leaving the parental nest. *shrug*

I'm glad you find it funny, though!

Heck, I take 5000 iu of vitamin D and a calcium supplement daily (and have for many years) because I've not ever consumed enough dairy since leaving the parental nest.
    I do too, for the same reason (not much calcium in rum, hehe). I'm not recommending dairy from experience, just heard it from a middle-east tenant. He claims it works.

Hot Wings in Louisianna and Green Chili Arizona
    2012 4.8 LS

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    I do too, for the same reason (not much calcium in rum, hehe). I'm not recommending dairy from experience, just heard it from a middle-east tenant. He claims it works.
    Milk actually does work. I can't speak for yogurt, but have heard it does, too. Bread also works if your aim is to soak up the oil -- which was the point in my case.

I believe the hottest thing I have ever eaten came from the Buffalo Connection in Auburn, Alabama. They call them Death wings. I ate 4.... and that was a stretch. It prolly took 30 minutes to stop hurting. I can't say what they put on them because I really don't know. I'm quite sure I have scars on the inside from that. One thing I do know is that they were just as hot on the way out. NEVER will I eat them again.
    Schrub!:sign0011:

Alright! I try not to resurrect old thread, but today I can't help it. Earlier in the year we planted Ghost peppers and trinidad scorpion peppers in our garden. They have ripened! My wife and I have been eating them like crazy. The intensity is crazy. I have never had something that hot. But, the duration of the "burn" or actually numbness does not last long. 5-10 minutes and all is good.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

11. Likes reggiecab2000 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast