GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default whats the hottest food youve eaten?

I went to one of my favorite restaurants "Scuttlebutts" and they have the insanity wing challenge.
    1o wings soaked in the infamous ghost chili pepper sauce.
    Me and some friends decided to try it...
    thats the hottest **** ive ever eaten, and its a scar for life, I only got 7 down before sneezing in my food and getting the sauce in my eye!!! the night was hell after that...
    ill never forget that night
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Legend
    Blog Entries

I can't eat anything hot, because I have bleeding ulcers. If I did what you did, It would be suicide for me. I applaud you for getting as far as you did, I imagine you probably have internal scarring of your intestines from that. At least you won't have to worry about your colon for a while.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Down by Rutgers there was a place called http://www.cluckuchicken.com/ and they had some HOTT Wings...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

heres a little article i looked up

In 2007, Guinness World Records certified that the Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) was the world's hottest chili pepper, 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce; however, in 2011 it has since been superseded by the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.[10] In March 5, 2012, some ghost peppers tested hotter than the scorpion pepper varieties. Now the ghost pepper and scorpion pepper are tied for the world's hottest pepper.

and this for reference

5. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

now you got me hungry.....

7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I have had the atomic wings at quaker steak and lube, where you have to sign the waver. I did not think that they were that hot. I would love to find a place that has ghost pepper sauce. I like things hot! We grow habanero, cayenne and serrano peppers in out garden every year. Friends and I have a few drinks and then challenge each other to eating habaneros, you actually get used to it. We also use the last harvest to make and jar Habanero jelly. It is pretty good. It starts out with a sweet taste because of all the sugar and then it starts burning. I am going to try to order some ghost pepper seeds this year.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

9. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have had the atomic wings at quaker steak and lube, where you have to sign the waver. I did not think that they were that hot. I would love to find a place that has ghost pepper sauce. I like things hot! We grow habanero, cayenne and serrano peppers in out garden every year. Friends and I have a few drinks and then challenge each other to eating habaneros, you actually get used to it. We also use the last harvest to make and jar Habanero jelly. It is pretty good. It starts out with a sweet taste because of all the sugar and then it starts burning. I am going to try to order some ghost pepper seeds this year.
    YOU, my friend, have what those mexicans call "juevos"...(balls)

LOL

we have buffalo wild wings down here in texas, and there blazin wing challenge just aint crap... my dad would get the 50 wing bucket to take home and he would always complain to the manager how they aint hot enough (my father is a HEAT FREAK) and if we didnt finish them together, i'd wake up in the morning and it would be my breakfast...

i actually swore to myself that i would never eat a ghost pepper, not for fear of how hot they are, because i like hot things, but because of fear of what they might do to my insides lol..... but i was with my fraternity and its our tradition that all pledge classes must at least try the ghost wing challenge and I decided to do it with them, because we used to do the blazin challenge at BWW but found that the ghost peppers are WAY hotter so my pledge class was the last at BWW and i never tried the ghost peppers until now.

I was doing some research as it is almost time to get me garden seeds germinated and growing so I have plants in the spring. Apparently, there is a new pepper the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga they are 2,009,231 SHU on the Scoville scale. It is $10 for 10 seeds, which is pretty spendy for seeds. It is the world record holder for "hotness"! I am considering them but, I have two small kids that like to grab vegetables out of the garden and eat them while they are playing in the yard. They have another pepper that is hotter than the ghost that claims that one pepper is enough for 7 pots of chile.

12. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I was doing some research as it is almost time to get me garden seeds germinated and growing so I have plants in the spring. Apparently, there is a new pepper the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga they are 2,009,231 SHU on the Scoville scale. It is $10 for 10 seeds, which is pretty spendy for seeds. It is the world record holder for "hotness"! I am considering them but, I have two small kids that like to grab vegetables out of the garden and eat them while they are playing in the yard. They have another pepper that is hotter than the ghost that claims that one pepper is enough for 7 pots of chile.
    i posted a little article i found on that earlier in the thread... you mustve missed it
    and yes you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    i posted a little article i found on that earlier in the thread... you mustve missed it
    and yes you are correct
    lol, I actually read it, but it was a few hours ago and I forgot about it! Guess that is what happens with little ones running around and a pregnant wife.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by