GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question new person with questions ...and yes I tried to search first

so little questions....first, do sierra tail lights fit on a silverado. I like the look better and wonder if they fit (07 and up). Second, what is the differences between 07 and 09 silverados...it appears that the opening in the center of the bumper is only on HD models or 09 or later silverados...why?.....Ill add more as I think of them...thanks

Legend

2007 0n up is the same vehicle in most basic construction. some minor changes and other improvements/defects will always be made/occur. your looking to buy? then check out what is offered ,that you like . then post here what your considering for member comments of that specific vehicle with its components installed.

Quote Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
    so little questions....first, do sierra tail lights fit on a silverado. I like the look better and wonder if they fit (07 and up). Second, what is the differences between 07 and 09 silverados...it appears that the opening in the center of the bumper is only on HD models or 09 or later silverados...why?.....Ill add more as I think of them...thanks
    The reverse light on the Silverado is in the middle while the Sierra reverse light is on the bottom. Now as to whether they are interchangeable I have no idea.

FYI, the Silverado tail lights are better looking.

The hole in the bumper is for improved airflow from what I understand.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Lights should be interchangeable as they both have the same bed. Any changes between the different models are bolt on so if you want a sierra front end on a silvy or escalade front end etc etc. I like to stay factoryish which is why a put on some of the dually taillights on my 1500 because i like the look. Had some carbon fiber crap on my integra when i bought it and went back to oem. I dont think there are any aftermarket lights that i like.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    2007 0n up is the same vehicle in most basic construction. some minor changes and other improvements/defects will always be made/occur. your looking to buy? then check out what is offered ,that you like . then post here what your considering for member comments of that specific vehicle with its components installed.
    already bought a 07 z71 but im just looking to get knowledge and see my options. I personally prefer the taillights on the sierra....just a cleaner traditional look to me.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the information everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by shibby2oo8 View Post
    Lights should be interchangeable as they both have the same bed. Any changes between the different models are bolt on so if you want a sierra front end on a silvy or escalade front end etc etc. I like to stay factoryish which is why a put on some of the dually taillights on my 1500 because i like the look. Had some carbon fiber crap on my integra when i bought it and went back to oem. I dont think there are any aftermarket lights that i like.
    On the NNBS, the bed of the Silverado and Sierra are the same dimensions, but the flares of the Silverado bed are quite a bit different. Why would GM do that, I don't know. Why would GM give the Silverado and Sierra differnet style tail lights? Another mystery.