GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It's called a Modding Party.... Bring the Pizza and drinks and the rest will show up to help....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

@Enkeiavalanche I like the way you think. But it would turn out to be more beer or should I say consumed that work being done.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I like what I am hearing and what I have gotten out of this is:

1. I can get most of what I want to upgrade out of a junked truck to replace parts on the new one, As alox and surreal have stated, this will be a daily driver and I can't be consumed spending my spare time ripping off the w/t parts and replacing them with the ones I find in the junnk yard, so I am willing to pay someone one.

2. Parts from the junk yard don't have a warranty, then again, if they are GM parts, the dealer really can't say much

3. I avoid all that mess going with a factory authorized vendor for the upfitting and I maintain the warranty and it will still be a unique one of a kind truck and I don't spend my spare time changing parts out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    It's called a Modding Party.... Bring the Pizza and drinks and the rest will show up to help....

Yeah I like that.... have like 15 people over and do all the mods in 8 hours ...... provide alcohol and food.... but then no one will get anything done.

Legend

Hey I don't drink...... Just give me some dew....

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Hey I don't drink...... Just give me some dew....
    Same.... Guess were be doing alot of work in this situation

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I don't drink when I mod -- but with the right company I'll drink a beer or two afterward, when I've earned it.

As far as mod parties, usually such parties entail a gathering of individuals who have differing skillsets (with some overlap, of course). The trick is that the host of such a party has to be among those bringing skills to the table and doing work, too. It's generally offensive to do nothing, yourself, and want to pay people with pizza and beer ... specifically because the value of the experience and labor people bring to the table is worth a HELL of a lot more than pizza and beer. No one cares about it if the host is working just as hard as everyone else ... but if it's a stand back, hands-off, pay people with pizza and beer approach, that's an epic fail and an insult.

Also, if you host such a party you have to be willing and able to attend such a party and help someone else by lending your experience/labor to their cause just as they did your own. That's what's right and proper...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-18-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Legend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	49580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 015.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	49581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 024 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	49582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 078 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	49583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 018 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	49584Well I gotta say When we used to do a TON and Av Modding we had HUGE GTG's and did everything from Chrome stick on's to Vette Servo's FLDRL's Everything you can think of...

- - - Updated - - -

Then we Ate...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB (Custom).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	49585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 067 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	49586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipers gtg 048.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	49587Just good friends with things in common.. HAVING FUN MODDING TRUCKS...

That's how it should be!

looks like a good time to me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Yes they were Some Good'ol times...