GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoss1986 View Post
    Here are before and after pics of my leveling job. I purchased a Truxxx 2.5" leveing kit for my 2WD. Had a local mechanic install it for me. I am extremely happy with the result. It doesn't ride any different than it did before today.

Before
    Front: 34.5
    Rear: 36.5
    Attachment 49551

After:
    Front: 36.5
    Rear: 36.5
    Attachment 49550
    Its the photos. A two inch difference is hard to discern considering you are back 30 feet when you snapped the photo.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Sr. Mechanic

I seen the dif. and it looks good! Lifting a truck and putting on moderately larger tires wont effect MPG. I lifted my 91 WT, did some performance up grades, and put on bigger tires, and got better mileage and power!

Quote Originally Posted by stc7
    I hate to say it, I notice almost no difference. Nice truck though.

I see the difference immediately.... if you look where the rocker panels allign with her center cap of the rims.... now when you put a large wider set of tired on it should amount to almost 4 inches. Looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomer16 View Post
    Why doesn't the manufacturer just make em level to begin with? 2 or 4 wheel drive I don't understand the front end being lower than rear end?...just don't get it
    The reason the front is lower from the factory is so that when loaded... the truck is level and not pointing to the sky.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Jr. Apprentice

Was there a change in ride quality? I'm thinking about doing a lift when I need new tires, going up to 33s in stock wheels but I really don't want to ruin how the truck rides. I have an 04 Z71 4WD.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover, Rhinoliner bed liner, Putco side rails, Weathertech window deflectors and floor mats, AMP Research bed extender, GMC cloth seat covers, light bar, lights and more to come.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SEMiller View Post
    Was there a change in ride quality? I'm thinking about doing a lift when I need new tires, going up to 33s in stock wheels but I really don't want to ruin how the truck rides. I have an 04 Z71 4WD.
    Nevermind, you did say there was no change in ride.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover, Rhinoliner bed liner, Putco side rails, Weathertech window deflectors and floor mats, AMP Research bed extender, GMC cloth seat covers, light bar, lights and more to come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123