Ok here we go like the title says I have recently acquired a 1992 GMC 2500 5.7 4wd with 220,000 miles.
Before I got the truck it had been sitting for over 6 months and the battery was shot. I picked up a battery and it fired right up and sounded good, After the vehicle had warmed up for a few minutes it stalled, It fired right back up. on my way home i had to keep my foot on the gas after i had come to a complete stop to keep it running, So in the past few days I have had time to start looking at it more and i have found that the overall condition of the truck is good but there hasnt been any maintence in some time.I also noticed it stalles after about 10 seconds even if it was in park or nuetral. Thanks in advance for any replies.

here are the things i have found and repaired so far since it needed it anyways.

spark plugs AC delco, wires, cap, rotor (much better throttle response but still stalled)

added BG 44k fuel system cleaner and a fresh tank of gas

performed BG fuel induction service

tbi rebuild kit new gaskets orings and filters (no change)

fuel filter (old one was very dirty)

checked egr operation (bogged out when vacumn applied)

used brake clean to check for vacumn leaks (none found)

- - - Updated - - -

i also noticed a decent amount of rust build up on the pick up for the electronic control module. tried to clean what i could off but need the distrubitor out to get it better.