GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: TB removal

Default TB removal

How do you get the throttle body off? I have a 4.8. I was looking last night and i see three lines, I am guessing a fuel line and 2 coolant lines, and 2 nuts that look like they are on studs? I need to clean mine because it is filthy. Trying to run down my rough idle on cold mornings. Thanks.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

i know a 5.3 is just an electrical connector and 2 bolts + 2 nuts. i thought a 4.8 would be the same?
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

there are 2 electrical connectors I forgot to mention. I have not done this before so I don't want to screw something up. It looks fairly simple, but I want to be sure before I start to take it apart.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford