GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default New Product Spotlight: Bestopís Wi-Fi PowerBoard

Now this is cool.....

New Product Spotlight: Bestopís Wi-Fi PowerBoard

By: Restyling Staff
    Friday, February 15, 2013

Broomfield, Colo.-based Bestopís new PowerBoard NX features patent-pending Wi-Fi component technology, which the company says allows the automatic running board to be installed in less time because no cutting, splicing or tapping into the OEM wiring harness is required.
    ďModern truck wiring is not only massively complicated, itís constantly changingĒ said George Stickles, Bestopís aftermarket head of engineering, in a company press release. ďThe PowerBoard NX just ignores all the truck wiring. So there's no conflict with other aftermarket things like alarms or remote starters. [The automatic step] eliminates issues where the factory just used a different color wire the day they made your truck.Ē
    The running boardís Wi-Fi system components include door sensors that affix to each door pillar without drilling, plus a receiving unit solidly attached to the frame beneath the truck. Instead of relying on the factory ďdoor openĒ wires, the sensors use a magnetic trip.
    As soon as the door opens, the battery-equipped sensor sends a signal to the receiver, triggering the step unit to instantly extend into position. When the door is closed, PowerBoard NX automatically retracts after a 5-second delay.
    In addition to it being easier to install, the company notes that the PowerBoard NX will have all the features of other Bestop PowerBoards, such as a load capacity of 600 lbs. per side and a matte-black powder coating for foot surface grip in all conditions.

08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Too bad they're still ludicrously priced.

Legend

They are high but if you ever saw the engineering that went into them you would see why Amp research the Co that makes them also makes some sweet Bike frames and other thing that are well engineered with moving parts.

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on the high price, they're cool but not that cool. Your better off going to a late model salvage yard, and getting a set of another vehicle. I actually found a set at a local yard for $400 complete, I have been thinking about putting them on the Colorado.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Now this is cool.....

New Product Spotlight: Bestop’s Wi-Fi PowerBoard

By: Restyling Staff
    Friday, February 15, 2013

Broomfield, Colo.-based Bestop’s new PowerBoard NX features patent-pending Wi-Fi component technology, which the company says allows the automatic running board to be installed in less time because no cutting, splicing or tapping into the OEM wiring harness is required.
    “Modern truck wiring is not only massively complicated, it’s constantly changing” said George Stickles, Bestop’s aftermarket head of engineering, in a company press release. “The PowerBoard NX just ignores all the truck wiring. So there's no conflict with other aftermarket things like alarms or remote starters. [The automatic step] eliminates issues where the factory just used a different color wire the day they made your truck.”
    The running board’s Wi-Fi system components include door sensors that affix to each door pillar without drilling, plus a receiving unit solidly attached to the frame beneath the truck. Instead of relying on the factory “door open” wires, the sensors use a magnetic trip.
    As soon as the door opens, the battery-equipped sensor sends a signal to the receiver, triggering the step unit to instantly extend into position. When the door is closed, PowerBoard NX automatically retracts after a 5-second delay.
    In addition to it being easier to install, the company notes that the PowerBoard NX will have all the features of other Bestop PowerBoards, such as a load capacity of 600 lbs. per side and a matte-black powder coating for foot surface grip in all conditions.

If they need product testers I'm in!

Legend

I've got a Question?? What would you pay for the Amp Research Power step? http://www.amp-research.com/products...ies/powerstep/

When I was in the market for nerf bars I'd have paid $750-ish + S&H for the model intended for my year. Tops. Maybe a little more (+$100) if a wheel-to-wheel varietal had existed...

Legend

Anyone else? What would you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Anyone else? What would you pay?
    They were on my truck when I bought it. Pretty cool idea and my wife loves them (she's only 5'2"); but I don't need them. My only complaint, when open they are a little wider than fixed boards and a little harder to step across. I love the way they look when closed and they are not bad looking when open.

I don't off-road, but I will take it on old roads to a lake, or hunting spot and I'm always a little more careful where the rocks and boards are concerned.

And, they are a great conversation starter.

And, after all my venting I think they are far nicer than fixed boards and a lot more flexible (I can turn them off open, or closed). Would I buy them? On a new Avalanche, in Canada, the dealer price is $1,425.00 that is a lot of money for boards.

I would probably pay $500 to $600.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Legend

Here are some better pics of this setup Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1169.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	49904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1170.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	49905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1171.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	49906As you can see the steps are nice and wide and come away from the Body of the truck for a better step up...