GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Ok so lets compare apples to apples..... A 5.3L Class IV upgraded gasser to a 4.5L class IV upgraded Dmax both at 600HP rear wheel HP.

Of the 2, which one will have higher mpg's and an engine that will take the upgrades for the long term

if you are taping the the pedal in either truck, they will sip gas/diesel. If you jam the pedal to the concrete, the mpg's will go down, the percentage will be allot less in the dmax. I will have to find a site that does a side by side comparison of equally upgraded silverado's.

Either truck at 600hp will not give you 15mpg or 24mpg. The 5.3L might hit 8mpg's @ 600hp...... the diesel might get you 12-15mpg's (24pmg's being the normal bottom end.
    Huh? What's that got to do with you justifying a Dmax with fuel econ that you plan to sabotage by taking it to 600+ HP???

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hey guys I think I am going to build a Solar Powered Truck that gets 100 MPS (Miles per sunlite) and will blow away Any Ricer...

Ok all kidding aside...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	49663 My friend who owned this Had a Duramizer and propane injection kit on it.
    He could still get 22-25 MPG with those rims and Fish tail the truck with a little turn of a Knob..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Hey guys I think I am going to build a Solar Powered Truck that gets 100 MPS (Miles per sunlite) and will blow away Any Ricer...

Ok all kidding aside...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	49663 My friend who owned this Had a Duramizer and propane injection kit on it.
    He could still get 22-25 MPG with those rims and Fish tail the truck with a little turn of a Knob..
    LOL Nice Now explain to me how that dmax gets 22-25 with an extra 1000lbs in rims

Legend

Don't know but he did And we checked all the time..

I'm guessing the way he tuned the truck, geared it, use of the propane injection, as well as the Allison 1000 transmission which is amazing. Remember extra power makes moving alot of weight easier. Say I were to put a Dmax in the Tahoe. Because the Dmax is built for 8,000-13,000lb trucks it will move my 5,400lb truck like it weights nothing which saves gas because the engine doesn't work hard or it doesn't have to work as hard as long. Its all basic physics.

Btw that extra 1,000lb in rims helps increase the centripetal(Did I use the right word I know what one I want) force of the wheels while going down the highway. Therefore the truck's engine doesn't have to work very hard.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Don't know but he did And we checked all the time..

Enkei, is there anyway you can get a list of the upgrades and links to the upgrades he did to bring his MPG's back up with the extra HP, extra weight he is lugging around (PM me the info), I need to put a list together for the truck that is replacing my current truck so I have a starting point.

I assume a 2500 being a little lighter with the upgrades he did might keep me on the high end of 22-25mpg/s (which is 7-10 mpg's higher than the truck I am in now).

Well, my old 02 lb7 duramax had around 500hp, and got 28-29mpg hwy. 24 at 75mph.
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSierra2011 View Post
    Well, my old 02 lb7 duramax had around 500hp, and got 28-29mpg hwy. 24 at 75mph.

I find that hard to believe, but if it's true, could you pm me what you changed to get that? I am looking at an 09-11 dmax and need a list so I can start the ground running to upgrade the HP and the Fuel econ.

Even if I end up paying a shop to do the upgrades cause I am not going to have the bandwidth in my schedule to get them done myself.

Legend

I will check with him He got rid of it back in 08 and he's in Pa this weekend.. But I will try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123