GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help!!!!!!!!!!

Only warning with Dex-cool is it has a very powerful smell that can make you a little sick when working with it for a couple hours.... But other that that its great and considered the best of all stock anti-freezes and if you have a leak its easy to see bright orange.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I'm wondering if the NNBS Silverados and Sierras heater core are THAT much of a PITA to replace?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I'm wondering if the NNBS Silverados and Sierras heater core are THAT much of a PITA to replace?
    Well there is more plastic and the dash is larger so idk, but more components would be snap fit no bolts.

Core has been bypassed and truck will be in the shop on Monday to replace the core. Dexcool gunks up over time whereas the green does not. My Grand Prix had Dex and I had it flushed and it was nothing but gunk. Our van also has green.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Koscoe View Post
    Core has been bypassed and truck will be in the shop on Monday to replace the core. Dexcool gunks up over time whereas the green does not. My Grand Prix had Dex and I had it flushed and it was nothing but gunk. Our van also has green.
    I have been using dexcool with distilled water since 1996 with no issues. changed coolant this summer on both my vehicles one being a 1996 with no coolant issues. dexcool works great . I do use dexcool GM approved coolant not a compatible type. with only distilled water .

mixing of coolant types and using contaminated water like tap water and well water loaded with minerals and strong chemical sanitizers do cause big problems.

if you can pull a gray color off the metal of the coolant system you have corrosion issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123