GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 'Guess I oughta introduce myself...

Nice place here.

You can call me Dagwood, after poking around a few places looking for answers about our truck I stumbled on this crowed and you all seem fairly friendly, so I thought I'd sign up.

I live on the east side of Toronto, but cheer for Montreal (Go Habs!) since the leafs suck. Alas this leads to marital strife. I should have checked her hockey affilliations before we got married.

Our 'Thunderbuggy' is an older 2WD 'burban we picked up last fall and have been using as a daily driver ever since. The previous owner put on a full custom exhaust with headers and chrome and stainless, fibreglass running boards, and aftermarket taillights.

We got the Burban because with a family of 6 its near impossible to find a 'family car' that fits a family. We also have a small sailboat we need the ability to haul around, and the burban is about right for puling 7,000 lbs of fg up and down the highway.

Our second car is a Buick, I've always had good luck with GM products, and seem to land on my face with about anything else.

If you pass through Toronto, flip on your CB when you hit Ajax and give a shoutout, I monitor 19 for whatever fun is out there.
    1995 GMC K2500 Suburban aka "The Thunderbuggy" rolling along near Toronto Ontario.
    Sometimes with a sailboat behind, sometimes loaded with kids & dogs.
    Hail on CB ch. 19 if you pass through town.

Welcome! We are, indeed, friendly.

Welcome to the Club! This site is not only friendly, but the information you find here will be rendered by knowledgeable suers who are more than willing to help!

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

welcome to the club
    2007 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 /Volant Intake/ Superchips Programmer/ Recon LED Tailights/ Rough Country Leveling Kit/ Rough Country 1.5" Body Lift/ Widowpeak 305/75/18s/ Trifecta Tri-fold Tonneau Cover/ Blue LED Interior Lights/ Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp/ 2 500 Watt Kicker 10" Subs

Sr. Engineer

Hi Dagwood. Welcome to The Club.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'll nose around a bit and share what I can. Looks my the first round of projects will involve wheel bearings, the front heater blower (AKA squirrel cage), and some dead switches in the dash (courtesy lighting, liftgate release, etc.) After that I'll decide whether I want to let her rust or hit the fenders with bondo and elbow grease, and look at the engine bay for some tuning type stuff.

The PO did a little bit of upgrade work on her - custom exhaust, headers, running boards, etc. but some of it is pretty dated and needs a redo. Dunno how hog wild I'm going to get on a vehicle as old as this.

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas