GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default starting problem will not crank

ok so i have a 1996 gmc sonoma 4.3l v6 i bought let it sit for like 3 days and now it wont start all i hear is one click and thats it its not the batt, before then the truck use to start and run fine, what could be wrong? ima check tomorrow to see if it is seized but if not what could be the problem?

It may be the battery. I'm serious it may, have some one jump the truck.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

i know for a fact its not the battry why i know that because i put my brothers batt in there and didnt work and he put mine in his car and it worked so i know its not the battery.. but if by chance some one sees this before i attempt to turn the crank pully, the right pully is the one all the way on the bottom under the fan right?

btw where in ct r u? im in ct too by fairfield/bridgeport

Its is unlikely you will be able to turn the crank because of the resistance of the motor. You should take the starter off and have it tested at a parts store.

Sounds like you probably have a bad starter... make sure the battery is good and has no corrosion or connection problems, then try tapping on the starter while turning the key if it starts then you're starter is bad and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't start then get a breaker bar and see if you can turn the engine to make sure it isn't seized.

Quote Originally Posted by 95K1500 View Post
    Sounds like you probably have a bad starter... make sure the battery is good and has no corrosion or connection problems, then try tapping on the starter while turning the key if it starts then you're starter is bad and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't start then get a breaker bar and see if you can turn the engine to make sure it isn't seized.
    thanks for the response but seems like you didnt read but i tried tapping the starter nothing the batt is deff good and i turnd the engine with a regualer wrench as long as the pully i turnt was the right one, i also jumped the starter solianoid with the samething just one click

ok gentlmen so i took out the stater took it to auto zone and it PASSED so what i did next was say to my self its autozone soo i bought a new/remanerfactured starter put it in and it now works =]

Yay!!! Its weird that it passed tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Yay!!! Its weird that it passed tho.
    yea put the test it dosnt test it under load or anything but i took it off and if i shook it i could hear stuff moving thats the only reason i got a new one to.. but the test just sees if the gear moves thats it and in the test theres hardly any resistant on the gear

sorry about that i didn't read through all the posts... but glad to read you got your truck going again.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by