GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Tuner/Performance chip

Hey guys,

This might be a reoccuring questions or even have an obvious answer but i am in the process of putting 35's on my 07 nnbs silverado 5.3l v8. I want to know the best tuner/programmer/chip etc to help with 35's. i have heard of most only going to 34" tires and even then the program or tune is not just right for the truck. If you cant tell im new to this end of the world and have literally no idea. any help is good help

Thanks

With the support of Lew I would suggest to go with a Diablo Sport product. If you buy the combo tuning/tuner he will work with you on dialing your truck in. I know that @SurrealOne has 35's on his truck and is close to getting factory fuel mileage back. But some of that has to do with a regear.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

what gears did he use? will the tuner help if all i have right now is a k&n looking to get a little better mpg. gonna be doing a lift and 35s soon though.

How could you be worried about fuel mileage and want a lift and 35's?? The only tune that will be worth any money would be a custom tune. I have heard great things about Blackbear and also Lew's custom tunes.

________2013 4C Rated__________

A custom tune as stated before and gear change. Most common is 4.56 but depends on your original gears (assuming 3.73). I put 4.10's and wish I went 4.56 on mine.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member