GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks great!
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Default Backup Cam in Advent display

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    No, my 2013 had the factory backup camera already (LCD in the rearview mirror).

There are quite a few backup camera kits in the aftermarket. I've seen some of them do the exact same thing as GM and put it in the tailgate handle for that factory look.
    Nice! Did you manage to get the Factory cam to appear on the Advent display? I've seen this done by tapping into two wires under the dash on a 2011, but had trouble on the 2013.

Nice Job! That looks awesome! I have been looking at a similar model for my 05 yukon. The price tag hurts a little too much right now.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by pitom View Post
    Nice! Did you manage to get the Factory cam to appear on the Advent display? I've seen this done by tapping into two wires under the dash on a 2011, but had trouble on the 2013.
    I have the RCA cable run over to the wiring for the backup camera, but never hooked it up. Walt's instructions tell you to tap into the two wires like you talked about. I will have to give it a try.

Also, did you remember to turn on the backup camera in the Advent menu? It is turned off by default.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I've got a 2013 Silverado Z71 All Star edition that has the factory back up camera and bluetooth installed on it already. I saw on your later posts that the OGM1 nav screen integrates with the factory back up camera but does it integrate with the factory bluetooth system as well? I noticed that on specs for the nav screen it calls out a bluetooth interface with an external microphone. If it doesn't I don't think that would be a deal breaker since the screen looks awesome to begin with, it would just be nice to use the factory stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12