GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Installed Advent OGM1 in 2013 Silverado.

I just installed the Advent OGM1 Navigation unit in my 2013 Silverado. I is definitely a HUGE upgrade from the stock non-Nav head unit than GM uses.

I cannot believe how MUCH better the audio quality is than over the stock head unit.

Installation went pretty well, the most difficult thing was getting the media link installed in the console. The plastic trim around the radio is a real PITA to take off as well.

Once I got the unit configured it is not too difficult to use. I still have quite a bit to learn on the navigation portion.

All in all a real nice unit that seems to just work well with the rest of the truck.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got some pics and Specs on the radio?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Here is a pic of the unit installed. It is shown with splash screen created ADC Mobile.

I also installed the wood grain cup holder for the console like used in the Tahoe and Suburban.

Specs are on website:

http://www.adventproducts.com/oe-mul...ions/?sku=OGM1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130221_212507.jpg 
Views:	2120 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	49676

Looks good .. Didnt know 2013 inside looked like that
    Chevy Silverado 10' - C.C / Pioneer DVD Head Unit / 2 12' Memphis Subs / Rhino Lined / Running Boards / Corsa Sport Exhaust / Volant CAI / Spyder Black Halo Projector Headlights & Tailights / Led Interior Dome Lights/ 20 % Tint on every window except back (Limo Tint) /

Man thats BA i need to see if they make one for my '04 silverado.

Very nice !!!

Now I want one for my 2011.
    2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4WD 30k miles
    2001 Suburban 2WD, 5.3, V8 185k miles
    1993 964
    1996 318TI

Quote Originally Posted by bazar01 View Post
    Very nice !!!

Now I want one for my 2011.
    All it takes is $1025 and you can have one. It fits the LT interiors as well. From the videos, it's a little easier to install in the LT dash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trentkoger View Post
    Man thats BA i need to see if they make one for my '04 silverado.
    It's just for the 2007-2013 NNBS Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Suburban, Yukon/Yukon XL, Traverse/Acadia. It fits other vehicles as well.

Since the NBS Silverados don't have factory bluetooth, OnStar, and other features, just get a Kenwood or Pioneer nav unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevessilver10 View Post
    Looks good .. Didnt know 2013 inside looked like that
    The LTZ interior for the Silverado is pretty much the same since 2007. I added the wood grain cup holder from a Tahoe as I like the way it looks.

Yeah, I saw a Youtube install in a 2012 LT and it was a very simple installation.
    Does it come with back up camera in the kit? Would be nice to have, easy backing up to hook up a trailer by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bazar01 View Post
    Yeah, I saw a Youtube install in a 2012 LT and it was a very simple installation.
    Does it come with back up camera in the kit? Would be nice to have, easy backing up to hook up a trailer by myself.
    No, my 2013 had the factory backup camera already (LCD in the rearview mirror).

There are quite a few backup camera kits in the aftermarket. I've seen some of them do the exact same thing as GM and put it in the tailgate handle for that factory look.

I have my ogm 1 on order. My truck has the center console and I was wondering if you could post a pic of the media link you installed in the console?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by