GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I live in Lake Orion. I am one of those guys that likes seeing while I drive at night. Especially on dark country roads. So, I would probably make the same decision that you have.
    Ya and occasionally my girlfriend does get to drive it and already has a hard time seeing with the tint haha. Think I may still paint my bowties black though, or possibly white, still debating on that as well!

If you still wanted the black headlight look, you could always go for some black projector headlights?

Recon makes a great product, although they are expensive. CG makes a really good looking headlight as well, here are some links:

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...-DRLs&p_cat=83

http://www.carid.com/2007-chevy-silv...ts-313207.html

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    If you still wanted the black headlight look, you could always go for some black projector headlights?

Recon makes a great product, although they are expensive. CG makes a really good looking headlight as well, here are some links:

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...-DRLs&p_cat=83

http://www.carid.com/2007-chevy-silv...ts-313207.html

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, by the way.
    Thanks for that information, I make it down to grand rapids occasionally. I had thought about it but when I looked they were a little more expensive than I planned for haha. But I do like them and if I change them that is probably what I will get. I know recon is good and have heard of the CG's but never really heard if they were as good or not? Do you know if they are the same quality?

Those bowties painted white would look awesome.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Those bowties painted white would look awesome.
    Ya i thought about that as well, the reason I thought black was to tie in the cab lights, tint and rims. I am kind of debating between white and black at this point. Bought the truck two months ago completely stock and now I just hit a wall on what to do!

I've seen a lot of guys with CG, haven't heard any complaints. I would think you would be okay with them! And if it were me, I'd paint the bow-ties black - to tie in with your roof lights! Something else to think about, maybe paint your silverado badges black?

Okay thanks, and ya that what I thought was to get black lights with black bowties and tint and rims with black would all tie in great. But i can see where the white would look good too. I figured at least its easy enough and cheap enough to change the bowties so if I do one color and then want to change it I can!

Welcome to the Club! Have fun with your truck!

it was said already worry less about what others think, but i have a buddy who has a truck this body style with smoked tail lights i think it looks real good, his truck is also red but i think itll do just as good on a white truck

Quote Originally Posted by acereed2003 View Post
    it was said already worry less about what others think, but i have a buddy who has a truck this body style with smoked tail lights i think it looks real good, his truck is also red but i think itll do just as good on a white truck
    Ya I dont worry what other think because no matter what you do someone always loves and someone will always say it dont look as good. But at the same time I like to have others opinions and ideas. It always is good to toss around ideas and have new insight on things. I think the blackd out would look good as well so Im pretty sure Im going to go the the recons that laserblue suggested and then paint the bowtie's black. But for now I have put enough money into the truck and am going to wait a month or so. But when its all done I will post some pictures!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12