GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

there is also a company in TX is believe that will take any 3/4 ton suburban, from 01 and up and make it a duraburb for a round 15k or so, that is everything that it would need brakes, axles, comuter, gears, motor and a allison tranny. also I know of conversions specifaclly for suburbans to make them a dually, just not sure on which models, the last time i saw one was for a 1990 subruban, but with enough money anything can be done
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

2. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

There is also a company on Florida, Duraburb is the name. They do conversions to diesel.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

4. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Any updates?
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

I'd love to see the process if you wanted to try to get this done, but I agree that you're into a lot more money to make it look the same or similar. You might be able to do something like cut-out the back of the Sierra window area and make a larger pass-through between the bed and the cab, then put some type of topper on it. But the cab and the bed are designed to flex a little bit, so you're never going to get a great seal in there. However, if you want to think about something like the Subaru Brat (late 70's early 80's) or even the old Broncos where they have a removable 3/4 hard-top. Shoot, my dad even had a removable full hard-top of his old '65 International Scout (put a 350 in that thing).

So, if you want it to LOOK like a Yukon, probably not worth the money as you could just trade in and get the Yukon for less money. If you wanted to do some type of altered pass-through with a bed cover, that might be something you could do, bolt down some seats (something like this video below) and you might have the best of both worlds. ????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    there is also a company in TX is believe that will take any 3/4 ton suburban, from 01 and up and make it a duraburb for a round 15k or so, that is everything that it would need brakes, axles, comuter, gears, motor and a allison tranny. also I know of conversions specifaclly for suburbans to make them a dually, just not sure on which models, the last time i saw one was for a 1990 subruban, but with enough money anything can be done
    What's the name of the company, just curious.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12