GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The new guy from Michigan

Hey everyone! I am from Michigan and farm here with my family. I just bought this new truck and am beggining to modify it and make it look a little better. I did have a powerstroke that was lifted with a bunch of modifications and now im addicted to doing things to vehicles. I am running out of ideas though and thought maybe this would be a good place to go for some ideas. One idea I had was to paint the front and back bowties black and then smoke the headlights and tailights along with debadging it. Some people told me that the black lights would look goofy though. What do you guys think? In my mind it looks good but not sure if I should trust that! Any pictures of similiar trucks would be awesome and I am always open to new ideas or suggestions. Cant wait to learn some things and get some new ideas!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034[1].jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	49675

Welcome!

My advice:
    Worry less about what other people think and, instead, choose your customizations based on what YOU think looks good. After all, modifications to YOUR truck are ultimately a reflection of YOUR sense of style -- not other people's.

Yes, I do agree but this is really only the second truck ive customized and just second guess myself on what I have pictured. Just thought maybe someone would have a picture of a similiar truck. Ive looked but havent found anything too similiar.

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Jr. Engineer

Welcome to The Club.

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the club! I too am from Michigan.
    There are a ton of great people on this site that will give you very thoughtful responses.

If you have questions in particular to different accessories for your truck, I'd suggest searching around the forum for specifics!

Good to have you here!

Welcome to GMTC! Glad to see some more fellow Michiganders here (Who the heck came up with the term "Michigander"?). Personally I do not like smoked lights. I feel like they effect the quality of the light thrown at night. But, to each his own if you like it go for it. Where are you from in Michigan?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Welcome to GMTC! Glad to see some more fellow Michiganders here (Who the heck came up with the term "Michigander"?). Personally I do not like smoked lights. I feel like they effect the quality of the light thrown at night. But, to each his own if you like it go for it. Where are you from in Michigan?
    Im from the St. Louis/Alma area. How about you? Ya I have heard a few people say that it does make it harder to drive at night. At this point im just leaving them and thinking about it for a while. Maybe something I will do later.

Quote Originally Posted by oxendale View Post
    Im from the St. Louis/Alma area. How about you? Ya I have heard a few people say that it does make it harder to drive at night. At this point im just leaving them and thinking about it for a while. Maybe something I will do later.
    I live in Lake Orion. I am one of those guys that likes seeing while I drive at night. Especially on dark country roads. So, I would probably make the same decision that you have.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast