GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wireless OBDII diagnostics to Android and Windows

I have a traditional OBD I and OBDII handheld scan tool for basic troubleshooting but being a techie I want my laptop or phone to record and PID's, codes, errors, so I can log them into a file excel can open.

I have tried a couple that sadly only work on Apple devices or Windows, but not on Android (I have my phone with me all the time).

Even my DiabloSport Intune will read OBDII Pids for diagnostics, but the minute you connect it to a laptop and want to log for more than 5 minutes the Intune will disconnect from the laptop and you have to sync it again and start a new log file.

This apparently is something DiabloSport has a very low priority on fixing. Why have a perfect product right?

Finally I have one that looks like it will work and it will be nice once I get it setup.

More information to follow.

There are tons of Bluetooth toggles for this exact thing you are asking. All are made primarily for android and the torque app. Also they are very inexpensive.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    There are tons of Bluetooth toggles for this exact thing you are asking. All are made primarily for android and the torque app. Also they are very inexpensive.
    Yeah I am using Torque on Android and looking at Scan XL Pro with the GM Enhancements in Windows, I have seen allot of the $20 OBD II/ Blue Tooth adapters and heard the success rate is 50/50 with them.

I went ahead and went with the Scantool MX. I am also concerned with the PID's/Second also so I can get as close to real time as possible, the more pids per second, the more refined the data logging will be.

Sounds like a plan. I may try out on of the cheap ones just to see how it works and such. Then eventually get a good one.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thread moved to programmers & tuning forum.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today