GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 08 Silverado 5.3 Misfire...

The other day the check engine light came on and said service stabilitrack and the truck started skipping. I scanned the vehicle and the codes were "B0561" which I beleive read "abs system disabled info stored invalid serial data received" and also the "P0306" misfire on cylinder 6. I have replaced all the plugs, moved the wires around to try moving the misfire and even swapped the cyl 6 coil with another cylinder's coil and it still continues to kick the misfire. Im thinking maybe an electrical issue now? If i turn off the truck and crank it back up I can drive it anywhere from 1-30 miles before it may misfire again but it always seems to come back with a misfire... Any ideas.....?

I havent really looked at the coils on the newer GM engines, do they have individual grounds for each coil?
    If so that would probably be where I'd start looking for problems, make sure it's corrosion free and secure, then start looking at the connector for the coil.

Default same problem

Quote Originally Posted by cw00943 View Post
    The other day the check engine light came on and said service stabilitrack and the truck started skipping. I scanned the vehicle and the codes were "B0561" which I beleive read "abs system disabled info stored invalid serial data received" and also the "P0306" misfire on cylinder 6. I have replaced all the plugs, moved the wires around to try moving the misfire and even swapped the cyl 6 coil with another cylinder's coil and it still continues to kick the misfire. Im thinking maybe an electrical issue now? If i turn off the truck and crank it back up I can drive it anywhere from 1-30 miles before it may misfire again but it always seems to come back with a misfire... Any ideas.....?

im having the same issue with my inlaws truck. did you figure out what was wrong with yours or do you have any ideas on where i should start to fixing it?