GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Need some input please

Wednesday had my brake booster go out, had it towed to the dealer but not the one I bought it from not to happy with them. Well, dealer calls next day says Brake Booster broke, Axle Seals were leaking due to worn lip, also Tranny cooler lins leaking at their crimps. I have a Powertrain warranty, booster is not covered but the dealer said the seals are, this is where it gets odd according to their computer the only powertrain warranty on it was expired a year ao exactly, bought the truck in October with a new warranty but they can't see the new warranty. Should I go straight to GM about it or go to the selling dealer first? Also, being it was bought an October and all the problems I found since then what I should I do? I understand the whole you get what you pay for but shortly after purchase I noticed the grill mounting bracket was broke off and one of the mounts was broke as well, also foudn a curtain rod on top of the spare tire just sitting there, noted the day of pruchase the rims were all scuffed and the tailgate protector was broken. I am more upset because this reflects how good of a inspection they do given it is a certified GM dealer. Not sure what I am looking for but maybe you all have some input. Greatly appreciated thanks.
    2007 Silverado Classic LT Ext. Cab Std. Box
    - Volant Air Intake
    - Thrush Glass Pack
    " Arise, Kill, and Eat."

Go to buying dealer first then GM

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It is becomign impossible, tried getting my salesman then the manager and they kept transferring me around. So I told the guy I finally got to talk if I don't get a call back soon I am calling GM. I understand they are busy trying to sell but I am already a customer.
    - Volant Air Intake
    - Thrush Glass Pack
    " Arise, Kill, and Eat."

If it is possible next time you call then record the call so you can give GM proof something is up. Also get all paper work for the truck and all info you can. Their is a customer service # on the GM site. I've called it before and they usually answer with a real person. Their E-mail option is also great they get right back to you.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thanks a lot buddy. I have to wait until Monday eitherway for the guy who is goign to fix it all from the dealer who did the work.
    - Volant Air Intake
    - Thrush Glass Pack
    " Arise, Kill, and Eat."

Anything to help out

Please do contact your selling dealer regarding the warranty you had mentioned to verify what kind of warranty it is in question. Please keep us updated on this issue. Feel free to contact us privately. If you send a PM, include your VIN#, name, situation, contact information, dealer, and mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance (Assisting Evan)