GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the replies they have been helpful. i do realize that it wouldnt be the most comfortable ride but im fine with that ...
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

A Jeep is a Jeep. I would own another one! I loved the one I had. It was a 98 with the 4.0l I6. A motor that will last forever. As has been said the MPG's suck. But you are driving a vehicle shaped like a brick. So that shouldn't come as a surprise. One major complaint about the Wrangler is the noise. To me that is like a no brainer. You are driving a vehicle with a top that has no insulation. Is it unbearable? I didn't think so. Once the weather got over about 50 for the day time high the back windows came off and the tonneau went on to protect the back part of the Jeep. Once it got over 70 for a hi the doors came off. Rain or shine that is how I drove. A Cadillac the Wrangler is not. So keep that in the back of your mind when you go to make your choice.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

If I were going to build a rock crawler I'd start with a Wrangler.

ive owned 2 and they were both dogs...my v8 truck gets better gas mileage than the v6...and my wifes cube picked up quicker than it too....its a giant tent on wheels....and im not a big guy but I kept hitting my arm/hand on the door because its so close to the giant steering wheel. I would advise again it but I am strong opinioned about them....

Iv known a few people who have owned jeeps. My buddy owned a 95, and it was the most durable thing i have ever seen. Got put through hell. My uncle owned a 2008 and it was a piece of junk. Get an older style
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

Jr. Apprentice

That's kind of a bad trade off to me. I'd have to really look at what I'd be using the vehicle for. If you are dead set on an off road type vehicle like the Wrangler, I'd consider all options such as the FJ Cruisers as well. They're more expensive but they come from factory with every mod/upgrade you could do to a Jeep to make it better off-road. All you really need to do to those is lift and tires and you're good. The FJ in my opinion is more road worthy, comfortable, and cool looking. The new Wranglers aren't much different than what was being put on the market 20 years ago if any different at all. Like what has already been stated, they're dogs and not very road worthy vehicles.

I have never been a fan of Chrysler products. I know this is just an opinion, but they seem to fall apart quicker than other models.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12