GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2010 Stabilitrac and traction control

My 2010 Silverado LTZ is shutting off with the control center showing service stabilitrak and traction control with the engine light on. This has happened 3 times with the truck staring back up in a few min. Taking tit to the dealer on monday but want to know exactly what I am dealing with. I only have 52,000 miles and dont feel that I should have to pay for anything being that since I have had it, it's only been seviced with them. Please give some feed back on possible problems.

well, unless you have been tinkering under the hood, it should all be under warrenty. sounds to me like some sort of electrical issue, but i could be wrong.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Without the error codes that are setting the CEL, it is difficult to offer a possible.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by donnie1 View Post
    My 2010 Silverado LTZ is shutting off with the control center showing service stabilitrak and traction control with the engine light on. This has happened 3 times with the truck staring back up in a few min. Taking tit to the dealer on monday but want to know exactly what I am dealing with. I only have 52,000 miles and dont feel that I should have to pay for anything being that since I have had it, it's only been serviced with them. Please give some feed back on possible problems.
    Your concerns are certainly understandable regarding the traction control and Stabilitrak lighting coming on. Please keep us updated on the dealership and overall repair process. If you send a PM, include your VIN#, name, contact information, situation, dealership, and current mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Service (Assisting Evan)

i had the same problem and it was my throttle body postioning sensor it sounds like you got the same problem

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Gm just released a recall for this I got a letter in the mail for it. It's water getting in your IP to body harness in the driver side door sill and causing different reading at your throttle position sensors to read different. Just let it dry out. Nothing had to be replaced on my truck and its fixed I just dodge the big puddles. If you drive through big puddles that'll do it. Or you might have a leaks check your windows
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Not driving thru big puddles does not sounds like a suitable fix if I were in his shoes. You should not have to avoid large puddles while driving. We all pay our good, hard earned money for these trucks and should not have to avoid things like that. Personally, I love driving thru large puddles. Just my .02