GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Adding Third Row seats to 98 GMC Yukon

I love my truck but now we just had our 3rd child and feel the need for the extra row of seats.

Is this a readily findable after market item? What are some things to look for?

-Mac in Richmond

I know some other folks have added a 3rd or 4th row to their Tahoe/Suburban. If you search around you can probably find some more info. Here are 2 recent posts.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11208

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7525

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

I had a 96 tahoe and bought a 3rd seat from "little passenger seats" and took it out when I sold the truck. I think it was over $1000 but is doing me no good in my garage, I now have a 00 suburban and thought about putting it on e-bay but have not gotten around to it.

Let me know if you have any interest in it. Mine is gray cloth that matches fabric from 95-99 tahoes.\\

Jon

I had a 3rd row seat I bought for my 96 Tahoe installed a few years ago I purchased from "littlepassengerseats.com". I removed it when I sold the truck and upgraded to a Suburban. It is gray cloth that matches factory seats from 95-99. I have seat and mounting brackets with template for drilling holes in floor. All that is needed is hardware to mount brackets to the floor. It is in my garage collecting dust. It was over $1000 new and will be selling it on e-bay if I get no interest on this site. Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. If noithing else check out the website, I was very happy with it. I did a ton of research and one thing to know is anything aftermarket is only suitable for small kids. It is forward mounted and easily removable if needed.

Jon