GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Mechanic

Try to use the least amount of water as possible or you might be replacing your knock sensors. I had to the last time I cleaned my engine. Almost a inch of water in the rear sensor
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    Try to use the least amount of water as possible or you might be replacing your knock sensors. I had to the last time I cleaned my engine. Almost a inch of water in the rear sensor
    Yep, Ive done that one.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Yep, Ive done that one.
    I was impressed with NAPA's sub harness and how tight the fit was. But now I just use simple green or purple power and scrub with a tire brush. I will use wet rag to wipe it down after

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Wow! I'm impressed! Nice engine bay pics.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLE 1500; Vortec V8 LR4; Stock: 270285 hp
    Mods: Wade Bug Deflector Smoke Color

5. Likes Steve liked this post
    Master Mechanic

Chemical Guy's Black to Black works great on all gm plastics. Spray it on, or wipe it on and it dries without a greasy feel.

Check out the write I did.....with video.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...etailing-Video!)

2003 Chevy Silverado LS Regular Cab Stepside in Tangier Orange (factory color)
    20" Baccarat black wheels and 285/50R20 tires
    Pretty much all stock for now but plans to upgrage stereo, exhaust, engine and other goodies.

I've found that a cold beer will help me to get motivated to clean out the engine bay. So, my tip is cold beer will help your engine bay to shine like new.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Yep, Ive done that one.
    I was impressed with NAPA's sub harness and how tight the fit was. But now I just use simple green or purple power and scrub with a tire brush. I will use wet rag to wipe it down after
    Oh GOD how i wish i would've only KNOWN, you can add me to the list of people who have FUBARD their knock sensors cleaning the engine bay, although mine more out of shock/necessity as when my water pump broke it slew that caustic radiator fluid all over the paint and plastics and i've had a nightmare of a time dealing with this in the past (on motorbikes and such)

Anyways, odd thing, the really hot weather here in texas has seemed to dry it out and the CEL turned off and never returned...thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I've found that a cold beer will help me to get motivated to clean out the engine bay. So, my tip is cold beer will help your engine bay to shine like new.
    Is that due to the engine bay "looking" cleaner after a few cold beers?
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Purple power is your friend as long as you don't let it dry
    Chuckie!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123