GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New custom Z71 decal and "added" accessory....

A couple folks have wanted to see the progress on the truck since getting it in November. Wheels and tires helped a lot, and the old decals were faded (plus, I didn't think the color of the factory decals complimented the truck color. So, new decals in place...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	49797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	49798

I did want the blue on the decals to be darker, but this is how they came out, and I like them, so they are on. What do you folks think??? Lots more to come, for sure.

Jim, Las Vegas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg  
    Last edited by buckmeister2; 02-24-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: possible innapropriate picture

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

It's a start.. Hey your not the one who Shot up the strip the other night are you?????
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Nah, I stay away from the strip unless I'm in poker tournament, and still would not be there at 4:00 a.m.. However, I do believe in being prepared for any situation...

They have a suspect they like for it, and he sure seems to fit the crime.

Legend
    Blog Entries

The decals look great!!!
    dont shoot yourself in the foot. Last year I lost a friend who accidentally shot himself in the leg while removing a 357 out of a holster, he was a 45 year gun veteran so he was very familiar with guns.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Forgot to ask you you like your Enkei's. I'm looking at a set, as the ones I put on were a quick substitute for the garbage that was on the truck. I like the look of the polished Enkei's similar to yours, in a 17". They are not real agressive, or modular, but are almost vintage looking. Have yours held up well????

thanks,
    Jim

The interior accessory is a bit more conspicuous than I, myself, would care for -- especially in states where it MUST be out of sight when inside the vehicle (which is a good number of them) ... in either transport mode or loaded and ready to go while concealed by a legit CCW holder. As long as you're happy with it and know the legality of it when it comes to the states through which you travel, it's all good.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    Forgot to ask you you like your Enkei's. I'm looking at a set, as the ones I put on were a quick substitute for the garbage that was on the truck. I like the look of the polished Enkei's similar to yours, in a 17". They are not real agressive, or modular, but are almost vintage looking. Have yours held up well????

thanks,
    Jim

Get me the model number you like? www.enkei.com and I will see what I can do
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

That is a good point, for sure. I asked my CCW instructor, and he referred me to Metro (LVPD). I asked them, and they were a bit vague, but said that, locally, conspicuous would me "in plain sight", requiring no effort to view, and generally felt this would pass the test. So, that was good enough for me. It is, of course, removed when the vehicle is not in use.