GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What an interesting discussion this is for me to follow. I still like the lines of the 50's truck pictured compared to todays trucks. For the sake of stimulating the discussion further (or for the sake of argument, as you prefer) I think the lines of my 07 Classic makes it one of the best looking trucks around. I wish they would bring back that body style.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    What an interesting discussion this is for me to follow. I still like the lines of the 50's truck pictured compared to todays trucks. For the sake of stimulating the discussion further (or for the sake of argument, as you prefer) I think the lines of my 07 Classic makes it one of the best looking trucks around. I wish they would bring back that body style.

07's were nice, I think I am going to get quotes on getting panels made just to see what it is going to run once I decide on a replacement truck. Then depending on how nice I want the paint, that will make up the difference.

If you've got the money for it, someone, somewhere will do the work!

In my opinion the best looking trucks are the late 40's to early 50's style. Which is the look GM was going for with the SSR. The problem with the SSR was it was a "performance truck". Not a traditional pick up. As someone pointed out the trend for trucks is a brick. And that is what is selling. With all the reorganizing that GM did I think there is one more move that should be made. I know it won't happen but should. Have the Chevy name get out of trucks and let GMC be the truck side. That way the focus could be stronger on building a truck that has nice styling both on the inside and out. I feel the interior of my 11 is less than spactacular. Yes it is a truck, but it looks like a 12 year old came up with it. @nakranij it is only metal. It can be formed into what ever your wallet wants it shaped into.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    In my opinion the best looking trucks are the late 40's to early 50's style. Which is the look GM was going for with the SSR. The problem with the SSR was it was a "performance truck". Not a traditional pick up. As someone pointed out the trend for trucks is a brick. And that is what is selling. With all the reorganizing that GM did I think there is one more move that should be made. I know it won't happen but should. Have the Chevy name get out of trucks and let GMC be the truck side. That way the focus could be stronger on building a truck that has nice styling both on the inside and out. I feel the interior of my 11 is less than spactacular. Yes it is a truck, but it looks like a 12 year old came up with it. @nakranij it is only metal. It can be formed into what ever your wallet wants it shaped into.
    The flaw in that is GM would lose tons of business. Chevy is now the primary truck seller for GM this is because chevy is a full line manufacture like Toyota Nissan or Ford. If Chevy stopped selling trucks they would no longer compete with their competition. Silverado out sells Seirra by almost 3 fold. Since the 50's Chevy has been known for great looking tough trucks. Also chevy started selling trucks before GMC was formed.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I just found this, this guy did a nice job....

But I am not looking for a complete throw back to this design but a hybrid between this and a 2014 silverado.

the SSR design would be too much and would not work. Time to get in touch with my artist friends and see if I can get some scale mockup's made......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123