GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wheel Hub Assembly w/ Bearings

I have searched on here, but couldn't find anything. Anyway, I am looking for a wheel hub assembly with bearings for an 07 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x2. Does anyone have a recommendation or a part number? It seems there are a lot of choices, and the ones from GM seem to be starting in the $200 range for just one.
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.0L VortecMax - Magnaflow Catback

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - LS3 430 & many more goodies
    409 rwhp 402 rwtq

I always go for timken, part they are based 10 mins away and part good history. With the china steel and assm its a crap shoot anymore.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

I used NAPA's. Mine was over 200 since its the whole assembly instead of just being able to replace the bearing and I have the 4wd.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I found some good information on rockauto.com. I like Moog stuff, but I haven't heard of Timken, and AC Delco is so damn expensive.
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.0L VortecMax - Magnaflow Catback

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - LS3 430 & many more goodies
    409 rwhp 402 rwtq

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steelo1 View Post
    I found some good information on rockauto.com. I like Moog stuff, but I haven't heard of Timken, and AC Delco is so damn expensive.
    surprised you have not heard of timken. these last I checked are bearings made in USA. this co. has been around as long as I can remember 40yrs . most times it is for my trailer hubs.

all my 2000 SIL 4X4 hubs have the timken bearings . AZ has them.

Moog bought out national i think, i went to try out a moog for my sisters impala and it wasnt a moog box. Year in still good. Timken cone bearings ate mostly usa but the hubsight be china, im not sure but i like timken the best and its what we used in the shop.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

If you have the bucks, go with a North American (US, Can, Mexico) producer, like Timken or ACDelco. If not, buy China and take a chance. I have replaced 8 front wheel hubs on 4 NBS and NNBS silverado 1500's, and opted for the import stuff each time. All have been fine, until the last pair I did, one of them had a bad ABS sensor, and will have to be replaced at some time. AutoZone sells them all, and you can ask where they were made before you buy. Also, most of their stuff carries a lifetime warranty.

good luck!

jim