GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default How to fix rims?

Okay, first let me express my hatred for Wisconsin winters. I HATE THEM. I bought new rims and tires a few months ago, and I just put them on last weekend thinking winter was over. But no, of course it has to go and snow 5 more inches. It snowed Thursday night, and I just got done washing my new rims right now. The salt sat on them for about a day, and they look HORRIBLE. I have Eagle Alloy Series 186 rims. I sprayed some wheel cleaner on them, scrubbed them, and put a little wax on. They still look like crap. There's little black and white spots on them. Not even really that noticeable, but I sure can see it. Is there some kind of cleaner or polishing system or something, anything, that will make them look like new and shine again? I don't care how much it costs. I think I'm done ranting, thanks.

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
    Okay, first let me express my hatred for Wisconsin winters. I HATE THEM. I bought new rims and tires a few months ago, and I just put them on last weekend thinking winter was over. But no, of course it has to go and snow 5 more inches. It snowed Thursday night, and I just got done washing my new rims right now. The salt sat on them for about a day, and they look HORRIBLE. I have Eagle Alloy Series 186 rims. I sprayed some wheel cleaner on them, scrubbed them, and put a little wax on. They still look like crap. There's little black and white spots on them. Not even really that noticeable, but I sure can see it. Is there some kind of cleaner or polishing system or something, anything, that will make them look like new and shine again? I don't care how much it costs. I think I'm done ranting, thanks.
    See if you can find some wenol. Thats good stuff...takes a little polishing, but they will shine better than new.

try using mothers with a buffer polisher. or you can try Eagle One never dull . it might work but id try mothers first.

I use mothers powermetal aluminum polish with the mothers powerball on my wheels and it cleans them up great... Id try that
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here