GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default silly question???Lift or leveling kit on my truck?

Hi y'all... today's silly question.... Do I have a lift kit or leveling kit? How do I tell? I know she has bigger tires, 285 75 16 and to me it looks dead level, no front end lower than rear... Only had truck for 2 weeks now, so still kind of new with this truck.... btw she's an '01 GMC 2500HD diesel and I'm 6'2" and have to lift my butt somewhat to get fully into the seat. Just wonderin'........

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Can you post a pic?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

unfortunately, not at this time.... as in middle of moving.... but will update when time becomes available, thanks!

Jr. Apprentice

The only way you're really going to know is by getting underneath the truck and checking out the torsion keys. The stock keys are going to have an orange tint to them where most aftermarket keys are going to be a painted, forged steel. Another possibility is that you still have the stock keys but they're cranked up all the way up. Normally on a stock truck the bolts will have about 1/2-3/4" thread left. All of the way up you'll see something around 1/4" left. Another way is also to check your CV joints to see the angle they're at. Stock they'll be pretty level or have a slight tilt to them. If you have a level kit or the torsion keys cranked, your CV shafts will have a significant slope downward to the wheel.