GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default seat replacement under warranty?

Anyone ever done this? I have a 2010 and the drivers seat has zero support on the left side. I had a 07 same generation that was still firm after 75,000km's of seat time, this one has less than 30,000km's. I haven't gained any weight, I'm actually lighter now ha. in any event I'm almost out of the bumper to bumper portion of the warranty. wondering if this is a fight worth fighting or if it is hopeless. The seat is noticeable not supportive and uncomfortable as you lean left sitting in the seat.
    2010 Silverado LT 4x4 5.3L Ext Cab

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by squires View Post
    Anyone ever done this? I have a 2010 and the drivers seat has zero support on the left side. I had a 07 same generation that was still firm after 75,000km's of seat time, this one has less than 30,000km's. I haven't gained any weight, I'm actually lighter now ha. in any event I'm almost out of the bumper to bumper portion of the warranty. wondering if this is a fight worth fighting or if it is hopeless. The seat is noticeable not supportive and uncomfortable as you lean left sitting in the seat.
    the seats should be covered under the 36-3yr basic coverage.

Now if your over 300LBS GM might say your damaging the vehicle and not cover it. have a smaller person bring it over to the dealership.

your problem is common with the new vehicles . heavy persons over 300LBS damage the seats. the metal is low quality soft steel.

GM should have a HD seat option .

It's always worth the fight if the product quality is lacking, you might not win, but it's still worth getting noted.
    Even if they dont do a repair now it could come up later and then you've got an official record.

Jr. Apprentice

I'm just wondering how they would ever measure a seats wear etc if there is anything that they would check specifically. i'll drop out to the dealer this week and see what comes of it. Update to follow in the coming days/weeks

Legend

I'm just wondering how they would ever measure a seats wear etc if there is anything that they would check specifically. i'll drop out to the dealer this week and see what comes of it. Update to follow in the coming days/weeks
    the seat has metal spring support material. removal of the seat cover cushion would not take much effort to see if the metal is broken which would cause you loss of support. wear on the seat material is another issue which may not be covered after 12,ooomi...

Jr. Apprentice

Material is fine and the seat looks normal when looking at it just zero support on the left side of the seat. I'm pretty anal when it comes to looking after my truck. I remove the tail lights to spray down and fluid film the insides of the bed sides, my neighbors think im crazy and often tell me it is a truck what am I worried about. It is what it is I hate rust and will do what I can to not fall victim to it.

squires,
    It's definitely worth looking into. As you're writing from Canada, we wouldn't be able to look into this ourselves, but we do have customer service available to our Canadian drivers. Should you wish for them to become involved, don't hesitate to contact GM of Canada at 800-263-3777 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Sarah (Assisting Evan), GM Customer Service

Legend

Material is fine and the seat looks normal when looking at it just zero support on the left side of the seat. I'm pretty anal when it comes to looking after my truck. I remove the tail lights to spray down and fluid film the insides of the bed sides, my neighbors think I am crazy and often tell me it is a truck what am I worried about. It is what it is I hate rust and will do what I can to not fall victim to it.
    with the seat material looking good with no damage The dealership should cover this . if the springs and support metal is broken they / YOU should be able to see this with not much effort. some of these support metal is view able if you look under the seat. the foam sets on top of these metal springs.

some have issues with the newer trucks with seat comfort. I had an auto seat shop add more padding.

most times the foam shrinks after the warranty ends 2-3 yrs. adding the fiber padding material makes things much better on a long ride.

Jr. Apprentice

No haggle No BS, new seat bottom is ordered they will call when it is in. Cheers

The factory GM warranty is 3 years / 36,000 miles bumper to bumper. If the seat padding sucks, they'll fix it.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by