GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New Chat - Bug Report & Features Request

We have a TRIAL VERSION of a new chatbar at the bottom of everyone's screen.

Please use this thread (and ONLY this thread) to report BUGS and to give suggestions as to how you would like the chat software to work. Also, remember that just because it doesn't do what you want it to do ... that doesn't mean it's broken.

PLEASE NO OFF-TOPIC CONVERSATIONS IN THIS THREAD.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Mobile doesn't always refresh and you can't set sounds. Reg chat is great so far wish it kept history for a bit longer.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

After extended use without a page refresh, chat sometimes freezes/hangs ... it just doesn't take input, anymore, and the only way you know it happened is that the server accepted your text but did not bother to display it in the chat scroll window. A page reload will resolve the problem but you still must re-type whatever you sent that was lost/eaten.

I suspect there may be a session timeout behind this. That's just how it feels and is a guess ... based on the fact that if I'm browsing continuously while chatting this doesn't seem to occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if chat is open and the a page is loaded/refreshed, the chat is now closed. i.e. Chat window state is not preserved through page loads. This means that if you are browsing the site while trying to chat you must now re-open the chat window every time you post, navigate the forums, etc.

The 'Keep Room Open' option doesn't resolve the problem, it just inverts it when enabled. (You may just want to browse the site because no one's online ... but with the option enabled you now have the chat box open all of the time. If you close it and load a new page ... it opens the chat room back up.)

Chat room state needs to be preserved across page loads ... such that if the user closed it and then loads a page ... it stays closed. If the user opens it and loads a page, it remains open. Fumbling with a toggle is clunky and an un-necessary hassle for users, especially given that window/app state preservation isn't a new or particularly complex concept.

- - - Updated - - -

And a feature request:
    Users should be able to move things around on the chat bar to suit their tastes. If they aren't facebook users they should be able to close the facebook link instead of wasting space. If they want chat rooms on the left and private chats on the right they should be able to do that. It's supposed to be a tool bar ... and just like a tool chest, one layout of tools just doesn't work for everyone. Some people are on tablets, some on laptops, still others on huge screens, multi-screens, or both. With a user base as large as our and with network-capable computing devices being more diverse than ever, some user-configurability for the chat toolbar (and, off-topic, even the width of the site, when displayed) seems appropriate.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-28-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Mobile chat kinda stopped working...... I can't see any usernames or my chats.

• I would like the ability to set my status in chat and have it remember the setting if I need to change it.
    • I don't have the ability to resize the chat window (docked) in chrome, FF or IE), I am only unable to "un dock" it.
    • It would be nice to be able to display times tamps of im's and turn them on or off in the settings.
    • When I un dock the chat from the page, I get a blank page (could be my security software)
    • I would like to see the last 5 minutes/ or last 20-30 chat messages back and forth so I don't join a conversation mid way through and throw it off ( like the original chat when I first joined did).

Master Mechanic

is the chat trial over? It's not at the bottom of my screen

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    is the chat trial over? It's not at the bottom of my screen
    nope, it is still there

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I see it.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    nope, it is still there
    hmmm...I use Safari for my IE and it was there last night, tonight it's not and would be useful to ping someone with a question. I'll try it out in another IE app. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    nope, it is still there
    I don't see it?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by