GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default New 2014 Corvette Revealed

When General Motors engineers and designers started work on the next-generation Corvette, they drew up the usual requirements for the star of American muscle cars.

Killer looks. Big engine. Handles like a race car.

But topping the list back was something at odds with the roar of the car's big V-8: Gas mileage.

The new Corvette could not be a gas guzzler. Stricter government rules were forcing a leap in fuel economy. If the car burned too much gas, it would trigger fines from regulators and never get built.

"There won't be a Corvette if we don't care about fuel economy," said Tadge Juechter, the car's chief engineer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-...ready-to-roll/

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

From the front and rear the new vette looks like it's trying to morph into Mitsubishi 3000GT. Yuck.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 01-14-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Front looks a bit like this....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0010.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	48056 For 1/4 the price..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I don't think it resembles a Lamborghini, at all, in pictures; the lamps are too far to the outside to resemble a lambo. The 3000GT's headlamps, however, are on the corners!

I'll also say to you what I said to Nak -- one thing we can agree on is that it DOES NOT look like a Corvette front end. Compare it to the 60's vettes and the heritage lines just aren't there, up front ... or in the rear.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014 Corvette.JPG 
Views:	530 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	48057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	495723-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	48058 I was looking at the lower part below the bumper..

i like it. looks like a vette to me.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic

Personally I think it is ugly, I always loved Corvettes (except for the early 90's C4). I am just hoping it will grow on me with time.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I think it looks wicked cool from the front.

From all reports it will be a more precision machine rather than just brute force.

The ass end looks a little too Camaro like, but I think it's impressive that a 190+ MPH car can get ~30MPG. 450HP in a ~3200lb car is going to be an exceptionally fast car.
    Last edited by stchman; 01-15-2013 at 04:03 PM.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Let's hope they properly appoint the interior and that the suspension doesn't beat you to death. Cheap interiors and brutally stiff suspension are the chief complaints high end car buyers traditionally have with vettes. Technology now allows for adjustable suspension to provide different comfort levels in different driving scenarios ... and plastic is readily avoidable in cars that carry the price tags that vettes now carry.

We'll see.

Sr. Apprentice

Outstanding!! I like it as the next Gen Vette!! Will get if all work's out this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by