GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Spy Shots—C7 Corvette Prototype Uncovered

The shooters at KGP Photography caught an enticing C7 Corvette test car—rocking silver stripes on top of its yellow paint job—in the midst of winter-testing. The prototype provides a first look at a racing-striped C7 and how it will interplay with the car's new lines and blacked-out trim. The question remains, is this just a test-striped early C7 build or is there any chance that this a new trim level, such as a C7 Gran Sport? KGP reports that there is no smoking gun that proves this is an alternate C7 performance package, but in the online colorizer that Chevrolet provided to paint your own Corvette, there were no provisions for adding any additional striping to the Stingray. Next is the fact that while this C7 looks thoroughly badged-out, there is no Stingray badge on either front fender. While it could be an oversight, the omission on this test ’Vette is intriguing.

Finally, there is clear evidence of a car cover piled up in the rear cargo of this prototype. It would seem that Chevrolet is in full PR mode on the C7 Stingray at this point, so parking them around, uncovered, would seem to be a great eye-catcher to capture the public's attention. Is this car cover at the ready to keep prying eyes from discovering a new C7 variant? Seems plausible, and follows perfectly the protocol that was followed by Corvette test teams, which were caught on test runs during the C7's development period.

When it comes to the prospect of spotting the next C7 variant after the Stingray, the shooters at KGP Photography aren't leaving anything to chance and disregarding the anomalies found on this particular C7 test car.

08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

i think its the grand sport varient ...the bright colors and stripes would fit perfectly into that idea....

Legend
    Blog Entries

I absolutely love it!!! I'm going down to the assembly plant in the next couple weeks, as part of the retooling process. They have invested a boat load of money in that plant, I can't wait to see it all come together...
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I I'm going down to the assembly plant in the next couple weeks, as part of the retooling process.
    can we make it a field trip, . Have fun that is going to be awesome
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I absolutely love it!!! I'm going down to the assembly plant in the next couple weeks, as part of the retooling process. They have invested a boat load of money in that plant, I can't wait to see it all come together...
    Take TONS of pics........

Thread moved to the Corvette Forum.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

Sorry did not know we had a Corvette Forum...

But check this out...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...221010369.html

Last sixth-generation Chevy Corvette leaves the factory

By Justin Hyde | Motoramic – 1 hour 7 minutes ago

The final example of a sixth-generation Chevrolet Corvette — a white 427 convertible heading to General Motors' corporate museum — rolled from the assembly line in Bowling Green, Ky., this morning. The plant will now retool to build the seventh generation Corvette, the convertible edition of which we'll see more of this weekend. Unfortunately for GM, the retooling will take much of 2013, leaving dealers with a dwindling stock of Vettes; last month, the Corvette was outsold by the Ford Raptor.
    Photo: Corvette Museum

Legend
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately I am going to setup machines, and they would fire anybody who takes unauthorized pictures of inside the plant. Once the car is in production, you can tour the plant and see what we see and then some.