GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Performance Camshaft for 2008 GMC Sierra

Hey guys! I'm only 18 years old and I know a lot about automobiles, but nothing about camshafts. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra with a 5.3L and I'm wondering what would be the best performance cam for this truck? And include all the specs.

You have to be careful with the cam you choose... if you choose one with two much life it will require additional mods such a valve springs, high flow exhaust and intake. If you wish to keep it mostly stock duration is what is going to give you your most gains. I've have only used Crower cams in my engines... their a little price compared to others out there but you get what you pay for here. I highly recommend you contact them... give them the spec for yo vehicle and they will recommend a cam for you. Their website is WWW.Crower.com.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.