GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: programmer

Default programmer

New to the site trying to find out what programmer will work on the new GM diesels in CA and keep the check engine light from coming on

Blog Entries

There are several programmers that will work on the new diesels. There are many easy plug-n-play models with pre-set tunes and simple functions. There is a more sophisticated version called EFI-Live that you can actually turn off certain things that are throwing codes with custom programming that you can tweak yourself.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Banks, Edge, and Bullydog all make great diesel products. Im alamost 100% sure there 50 state legal.

Welcome to the site!!
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

California diesels they have done funny things too.. I know severl guys who's chiped there 08 diesels and it puts it into a limp mood.... I also talked to a guy yesterday thats running a ppe programmer that and 315hp and the alison is only good for 700hp....Would I be better off to buy a classic so I dont have to deal with all the B.S???

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    California diesels they have done funny things too.. I know severl guys who's chiped there 08 diesels and it puts it into a limp mood.... I also talked to a guy yesterday thats running a ppe programmer that and 315hp and the alison is only good for 700hp....Would I be better off to buy a classic so I dont have to deal with all the B.S???
    The LMM motor is one tough S.O.B. I have no need for extra power. It pulls my 8,000 pound trailer with no prob and my father in laws 10,000 pound boat like a dream. If for some reason you still have a need for extra power I suggest going straight to the Banks Big Hoss package. Yeah it's 2 grand or so installed by Banks in Brea, CA but it's done right.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

Blog Entries

A general rule of thumb with the Allison is that it can handle up to 500hp stock. It's very rare to get that straight from a programmer alone but if you consider one that is rated for such gains, you better have an exhaust temp Gauge so you don't burn it up. I put 5" cat-back exhaust on mine and had noticeable gains just from that but also it lowers the exhaust temps up to 200 degrees. It all depends on what you are looking for (mileage or performance or both). I run a Quadzilla Stealth2 on my LBZ and have great performance and the best mileage (17-20 with 6" lift and 35's) only set on a 70hp tune (mine has 6 tunes to choose from ranging from 30hp to 135hp with those gains measured at the rear wheels). I have ran the 110 and 135 tunes and it smokes like a chimney and goes like a raped ape, and the 90 smokes only when you put your foot in it.
    Tell us more what your aiming for so we can help to point you in the proper direction.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Im looking for both power and milage...I know there's alot of good things out on the market but I dont know what I can get away with in Ca with the cops...Im gonna have an 8 inch and 35 toyos put on my next truck so I want he rite goods to say burn the tires if I wanted

Blog Entries

Thats the nice thing about having your own programmer is that you can select an economy tune, tow tune, or a nasty performance tune whenever you want. My Quadzilla is simple to use and on it's highest tune it it supposed to increase the foot pounds of torque 300 so believe me that you could turn those 38's over no problem. It's also great to calibrate your speedo as well as reset your tranny so it relearns how to shift with the bigger tires resulting in firmer shifts.
    Darcy
    Washington State

Dwill have you and any problems with your truck???

Blog Entries

Nothing serious. I have had little things like the ISS (intermediate steering shaft) replaced, one injector went bad and was replaced, heated seats burnt a ground wire and was replaced, a couple dash/steering wheel lights burned out and were replaced, and I have a leaky transmission cooler line that will be replaced-all under warranty. It has been a great truck with 31K on the clock and 2 years old.
    Darcy
    Washington State

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast