GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default do these dents look pop out able

i haven't had much luck popping these out with myrubber mallet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130301_214603.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	49949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130301_214545.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	49950

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Do you have a puller? You might be able to get some out a bit but not sure.. Do you have a heat gun too?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Do you have a puller? You might be able to get some out a bit but not sure.. Do you have a heat gun too?

No heat gun but i have been considering buying one for a separate use. And the pullers, are "all equal" I saw some suction cup type ones at harbor freight in a pack that might be useful, but i didnt know if thats still what the best tool is.

Will report back after i investigate this further.

hmm, you can certainly get them most of the way out, but not sure if you will still have some impact creases or not. You can certainly try it yourself and go to a pro dent-puller if you want it done by someone who's done those before.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Those dent guys do a Great job at times.. Can be well worth it if you are selling a truck..

I know that on trucks that I've not cared about too much in the past, I've just done the dent push-out with a mallet from behind ... and it was good enough. But, if I liked the truck and it was in overall good shape, then working a deal on a dent guy was a very small price to pay to have it basically disappear ... really pretty impressive how they work their craft.

Both those dents have sharp creases, so while you'll be able to get most of it out theres still going to be the crease to deal with, which means some body work.
    A crease also increases the chance that the paint will crack or chip.

Legend

the dents are too big and the metal is stretched. the use of the body hammer to shrink the metal so that the surface is shaped correctly would be required. then the metal grinding and fillers to smooth out for primer/finish coat.

By taking it slow and focusing on reversing how dent was made you work them back out. The only issue is the creases... those will take some filler. My son purchased a new box for his truck with almost the same dents... and I was able to get them out all but a couple very sml creases. You'll want to get them out before the paint starts to pull from the metal.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

No, they have creases. I assume you are meaning will it look like that there was no dent after the work.

If you want that, you'll need body work.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by