GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Rough country lift kit

ive been looking for a lift kit, (however it might be on hold if it voids my warranty still waiting to hear back)

however ive been looking at the RC 4.75 lif i guess its a combo of a suspension lift and body lift. anyone have any feed back on this? im new to lift kits and such i have the RC leveling kit, but im looking to get a little more out of my truck my only worry is i stand by the code of "you get what you pay for" and i know this one is on the cheap end. so im not really sure if i want to venture into it or wait and save up for something else

any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

link for lift is below
    http://www.roughcountry.com/suspensi...o-kit_257.html

There are many threads about this issue. But I will give you my opinion. You are absolutely correct with "you get what you pay for". If I was looking to get a lift around that height I would look into Rancho or Fabtech for a good starting point. The Rancho says 4" but will give closer to 5"'s of lift.
    As far as the warranty issue. Read about the Magnuson-Moss Act.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Lifted/Off-Road Suspension Section

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

i should have put a disclaimer, i dont do an unreal amount of off roading, i hit some mud pits but ive hit the same stuff with a standard non lifted truck, i live in the midwest so im just finding it hard to justify dropping 2 grand on a lift if im not going to be TRULY off roading. 90% of my driving will be on the road

Have you seen this what ProComp is offering on their new lifts?
    Something to think about if your worried about warranty issues.

http://data.procompusa.com/liftshield/index.htm

Yeah that's a good idea except I don't have 3 grand to spend on a lift

some of the most successful lifts I have read about for most "daily drivers" have been hybreds of suspention and body.
    for MY lift i will not go over 3" of suspention. I did before and paid for it with premature suspention wear and sever "death wobble" (google that for a video LOL)
    im planning on a kit that will include new rear leafs (cause blocks fail) along with new A arms and a front diff. cradel, to maintain the best range of motion and geometry.
    if i need anymore lift than that, its gonna be in a <3" body lift to fit bigger tires, as that is really where your ground clearance comes from anyway.
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

If you go Cheap, that's what you get! I installed a ReadyLift Level Kit and it was Quality! As far "Lifting" don't skimp..........I don't know about Lifting, though.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's